HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:49 PM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
For the data nerds... Pennsylvania GDP has surpassed $1T! And impressive growth stats overall when compared to the 49 other states.

California---4,080,178.3
Texas-------2,694,524.0
New York----2,284,363.5
Florida-------1,695,272.6
Illinois--------1,132,143.3
Pennsylvania-1,017,257.3
Ohio-----------922,776.2
Georgia--------877,746.3
Washington-----850,529.1
New Jersey-----841,417.0

Gross Domestic Product by State and Personal Income by State, 2nd Quarter 2024
https://www.bea.gov/news/2024/gross-...d-quarter-2024
Very good to know, thanks for sharing!

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
For the data nerds... Pennsylvania GDP has surpassed $1T! And impressive growth stats overall when compared to the 49 other states.

California---4,080,178.3
Texas-------2,694,524.0
New York----2,284,363.5
Florida-------1,695,272.6
Illinois--------1,132,143.3
Pennsylvania-1,017,257.3
Ohio-----------922,776.2
Georgia--------877,746.3
Washington-----850,529.1
New Jersey-----841,417.0

Gross Domestic Product by State and Personal Income by State, 2nd Quarter 2024
https://www.bea.gov/news/2024/gross-...d-quarter-2024
(NY + PA + NJ) > CA

The Mid-Atlantic region packs a punch.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Nothing's "that cheap" anymore. Just 3 or 4 years ago you could buy a renovated house in Marcus Hook for 75k. Starting point is now around $200K.

If you're Latino and working in this corridor, other places in the area where considerable numbers of Latinos live are South Philadelphia (Mexican), Kensington/Juniata Park (Puerto Rican/Dominican), and Norristown?

I don't know enough about the composition of the Latinos moving to Chester, but I recall from the mass shooting incident at the industrial laundered in Chester just what, 8 months ago...that nearly everyone who worked there was Hispanic and I believe were mostly Puerto Rican and Dominican. I don't know, if those folks are looking for a place to live near jobs with other Puerto Ricans and Dominicans, I could see why you'd choose Chester over Kensington.

Folks, I"m not saying Chester is going to make a miraculous recovery...but my point is that I think it's more than bottomed out and if anything has stabalized and will not continue to decline.

Add to that, as pointed out in recent Inqy articles, the Dominican population is growing faster than any other group in the Philadelphia area, so much so that Dominicans are poised to overtake Puerto Ricans as the largest Hispanic subgroup in the area in the not too distant future. Their population in Philadelphia has something like doubled in the last 5 years.

I guess it depends on where Dominicans choose to settle but whereever that is there will be a lot of growth, because the trend shows no signs of abating.
Right now, Puerto Ricans aren't just the dominant Latino group in Philadelphia, but all of PA. Puerto Ricans right now are over 500K, the third largest Puerto Rican population in the US behind only FL and NY, and Dominicans are estimated to be at around 200K, recently surpassing MA as the fourth largest Dominican population, behind only NY, NJ, and FL.

By the time Dominicans surpass Puerto Ricans as the largest Latino group in Philadelphia, I'll either be a very old man, or I'll be long dead before that happens. Puerto Ricans aren't just moving to Philadelphia and the smaller regional cities such as Allentown, Reading, and Lancaster, but they're even moving into the smaller towns in Eastern and South Central PA, which will ensure that Puerto Ricans will remain the largest Latino group for a long time.

Old Posted Today, 2:16 PM
Me?!?

More Norristown development news:

Public invited to Airy Street Prison redevelopment open house

Montgomery County is engaged over the course of this year to develop and issue a Request for Expression of Interest (RFEI) that encourages a combination of architectural preservation, private development, and additional county facilities on a tract inclusive of the prison site as well as the adjacent county surface parking lot.

https://wissnow.com/news/2024/oct/04...nt-open-house/

https://engage.montgomerycountypa.go...opment-project

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations