HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 22, 2024, 4:11 AM

[QUOTE=josh_cat_eyes;10288176]
Sounds exactly like Downing Street!!

If so there will be a lot of activity downtown Moncton next year!
-gateway 2x17s
-saint Bernard 18
-third sister 15
-Downing Street
-infinity 30
And anything else that could be in the planning for downtown Moncton.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2024, 10:45 AM

Quote:
And anything else that could be in the planning for downtown Moncton.
If this all gets started it will be huge for downtown Moncton - a major step forward in the transformation of the city core. It would also be great to see the Junction come forth with a big project along Main Street for their next phase.

One would think that there are also other things being planned behind closed doors. There's still lots of undeveloped land downtown.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2024, 2:03 PM

Have to think the lowering of interest rates will build some momentum towards some of these projects getting off the ground. Interesting tidbit from the election that Holt is looking to follow NS & PEI with removing provincial HST on new multi unit housing developments.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2024, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Have to think the lowering of interest rates will build some momentum towards some of these projects getting off the ground. Interesting tidbit from the election that Holt is looking to follow NS & PEI with removing provincial HST on new multi unit housing developments.
I agree with you. When we're talking about multi million dollar projects, the interest rates are important.

I wonder if it will cause Thrive Properties to get back in the game? They had a lot of developments planned.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2024, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Removing the HST could be helpful, but the Liberals are also promoting that they will implement rent caps. HST is a one time development expense; whereas, rent caps can negatively impact an investment year over year and also greatly diminish capital out upon refinancing, meaning less money to build more. Also, of more importance are NB insane property taxes that are 2x NS.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy321 View Post

Dormitories
Stage: pre design
Start date: apr 2026
Funding: state/province
Value: $12,000,000
Work type: alteration
Building type: educational
This is interesting I wonder where this will be?
The CC page for the project says Sackville (https://canada.constructconnect.com/...1-C1D8DF9C2829). Probably another MtA renovation.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 3:11 PM

Quote:

Apartments
Stage: design development
Start date: apr 2025
Funding: private
Value: $20,000,000
Work type: new
Building type: residential
Could this be infinity or St. Bernard square?
Probably St. Bernard

Quote:

Retail Stores, Apartments, Townhomes
Stage: design development
Start date: May 2025
Funding: private
Value: $33,800,000
Work type: new
Building type: residential
Could this be the Downing Street redevelopment? May 2025 seems soon we could see a proposal really soon if so
Could this be Infinity? The CC page was last updated 28th Feb 2024 though, so not much activity on there

Old Posted Sep 26, 2024, 2:15 PM

Wasn't sure where to put this...but holy cow that building they put up on Mountain Road across from Bromley Ave. went up fast!

It's at it's full height, even the individual apartment patios are on the outside.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Moncton in position to benefit from changes to global economy: report
University of Waterloo analyst says Moncton is ideally located for future investment in logistics, distribution and transportation
Source: https://tj.news/moncton-miramichi/mo...economy-report

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I was just about to post about this.

Here are a few excerpted quotes from the (paywalled) article:

Quote:
Moncton’s industrial parks have grown tremendously over the last 60 years, putting the city in a unique position to benefit from future changes to international trade, analyst Brock Dickinson said in a presentation to government and business leaders Thursday.
He focused of the decade from 2012-2021 to show how rapid the expansion in the industrial parks has been.

Quote:
Dickinson said MID sold 67 sites to private companies between 2012 and 2021. Many of the sites now have businesses directed to trucking, warehousing and distribution. There are others related to manufacturing.

In a typical year, new construction activity on these sites totals about $19 million. The construction to develop these lots generates more than $40 million in economic activity every year, creating 164 jobs in New Brunswick and another 54 jobs across Canada.

In 2021, he said, these 67 sites employed 1,757 people in Moncton as a direct impact, and created another “indirect” 734 jobs in the province and 461 jobs elsewhere in Canada.
Quote:
the Hub City is strategically located at the crossroads of the Trans-Canada Highway and the national railroad lines that run between the port of Halifax and the industrial centres to the west. Moncton also has an international airport where cargo airlines can connect with big trucks to carry products to the next step of their journey. As Moncton’s industrial parks have grown, they have become part of a growing transportation and logistics industry.
Quote:
He said land sales and development have spiked over the last 10 years. The Moncton and Caledonia industrial parks are now essentially full and MID is now working to establish two more industrial parks.
He finished off by pointing out that things are evolving so rapidly that new lots in the industrial parks not already built are being spoken for. We already know this. In particular, there are two very large pieces of land in the MID West Park awaiting infrastructure to be built.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:14 PM

There seems to be some jealousy over on NB retail talk about all this. I always find Facebook so entertaining for that reason.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:35 PM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by new kid in town View Post
Nice catch, thanks for posting.

This is exciting that Moncton's growth will continue into the future. I wonder how many more industrial parks will be needed or where they might build them?

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:27 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonianSentinel01 View Post
This is exciting that Moncton's growth will continue into the future. I wonder how many more industrial parks will be needed or where they might build them?
1) They are preparing a new industrial park to the east of Shediac Road south of the TCH, and across from the Moncton airport. Lots have already been sold.
2) They are tripling the size of the MID West Industrial Park, with Horsman Road to be extended to DeLong Drive. Lots have already been sold.
3) MID has apparently bought land along the north side of the TCH between Mapleton and McLaughlin for a future industrial park.
4) The Dieppe Industrial Park is expanding to the east of the main YQM runway. Aviation Blvd is being extended.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:02 PM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
1) They are preparing a new industrial park to the east of Shediac Road south of the TCH, and across from the Moncton airport. Lots have already been sold.
2) They are tripling the size of the MID West Industrial Park, with Horsman Road to be extended to DeLong Drive. Lots have already been sold.
3) MID has apparently bought land along the north side of the TCH between Mapleton and McLaughlin for a future industrial park.
4) The Dieppe Industrial Park is expanding to the east of the main YQM runway. Aviation Blvd is being extended.
Correct. I assume that one day, in between the Trans-Canada and Champlain street, that it will be all filled in. In Moncton, I can see most of the land from the railyard to the THC and Salisbury road filled in as well. Will we need more though? I find it really interesting that we might have a little industrial boom coming up, down the road, something by the likes that we have never seen before.

Old Posted Today, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
There seems to be some jealousy over on NB retail talk about all this. I always find Facebook so entertaining for that reason.
Indeed, some individuals are still living in the 80's (in their mind). Have they not looked at any stats over the last 25 years? GDP, Building permits, Population etc?

Every year during our Atlantic meetings when I talk to any SJ'ers they always boast about SJ;
  • "we're the biggest"
    "we're the NB's economic driver"
    "The architecture!"
    "Did I mention the architecture?"
    "SJ is such a beautiful city! The architecture!"

I'll just smile, nod and reply, yup Saint John is great!

These comments are usually random and unsolicited. It's almost like they are compelled to lie and pretend like we're still in the 80's. It's like that High school friend that awkwardly keeps talking about the good old days!

Both Fredericton and Charlottetown have had significant growth and you hear absolutely ZERO boasting from those individuals.

Last edited by MonctonGoldenTri; Today at 3:28 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces