HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSBornNBred View Post
I agree, it would be nice to track the donation progress, and would likely help them, especially as they get closer to the goal. I do cut them some slack because they are such a small organization and are losing their founder and executive director. Per TBJ, it's total 2023 revenue was $685,144 and total expenses were $781,950. It is a tiny non-profit organization that has an impact on the city, in my opinion, that is well above its weight class.
Also, it always felt like home base for the Riverrun Festival. I know there are other venues but that was the central downtown venue. You go out to eat and check out a movie or vice versa.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 9:45 PM

Ask Toyota for a big donation

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 3:04 PM

AND, ASK TRUIST to fund it entirely!

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMetroRaleigh View Post
Ask Toyota for a big donation
From the Journal

A subsidiary of Toyota Tsusho America has paid $13.77 million for a 110,163-square-foot speculative building in Whitaker Park.

The sale of the 8.85-acre tract was completed Tuesday by an affiliate of Brennan Investment Group of Rosemont, Ill., as the seller, according to a Forsyth County Register of Deeds filing. The facility at 4043 Reynolds Court was built in 2022 by Brennan.

It's likely to be Winston-Salem and Forsyth County's first connection to the mammoth Toyota Battery Manufacturing N.C. plant in Liberty.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikedCoffee View Post
From the Journal

A subsidiary of Toyota Tsusho America has paid $13.77 million for a 110,163-square-foot speculative building in Whitaker Park.

The sale of the 8.85-acre tract was completed Tuesday by an affiliate of Brennan Investment Group of Rosemont, Ill., as the seller, according to a Forsyth County Register of Deeds filing. The facility at 4043 Reynolds Court was built in 2022 by Brennan.

It's likely to be Winston-Salem and Forsyth County's first connection to the mammoth Toyota Battery Manufacturing N.C. plant in Liberty.
Very, very interesting!

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 9:36 PM

It turns out that the WhitakerPark Lofts development was a prescient move with all of the development happening in the Coliseum and Whitaker Park district.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2024, 4:02 PM

Tour of the Lofts at Whitaker Park
https://www.instagram.com/reel/DAGWe...hudmNtNW9uNQ==

Old Posted Sep 20, 2024, 7:07 PM

The Grounds satisfies a longstanding quest for a mixed-use walkable town center in Winston. It already has entertainmemt and sports onsite, although additional features such as a movie theater can be added.

Last edited by DCMetroRaleigh; Sep 20, 2024 at 8:02 PM.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2024, 12:12 AM

Glad to hear about the Toyota supplier coming to Whitaker Park. In the next few years that entire area may look completely different. Looking forward to all the new jobs and workers coming to Whitaker. The energy will be great.
I have already started to notice the improvements and some new construction of homes on Patterson Ave. much needed but hope that the current residents are able to benefit or stay if they wish.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2024, 4:25 PM

It’s really great W-S is getting something from the Toyota deal - too bad it’s waste treatment.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2024, 12:44 AM

Old Posted Sep 22, 2024, 5:39 PM
Fourth and Main

Projects & Construction:
I want to thank the photographers and local businesses, sharing updates on projects, who make this thread possible. Without you, these updates won't happen. I don't make any money from this and these updates are to share, with both locals and out-of-towners, what is happening in the city they love. Many people reading this are far-away and this allows them to see the projects. If you can, please support any local businesses or follow social pages sharing photographs and thank them.

Possibly, an exciting new divisional headquarters for a major international company! A closing date for the Loewy Building! Another restoration of a building from the 1700s! A grand opening and a project or two we haven't seen an update on in a while! Lets get updated!

Video Link

Salem Bottling Works:
The developer said, "we are progressing and look forward to having some of the spaces open later this year."

Credit: salembottleworks

Credit: salembottleworks

Loewy Building Apartments & Retail:
High Tide Capital will close on the Loewy Building (500 West Fourth Street) on November 12, 2024. HAWS should complete all work on their 901 Cleveland Avenue Building, which will be known as The King Building, by December 2024. Though it's still under renovation, HAWS will be in the King Building. They are planning a big ribbon cutting or grand opening event in late-December, for the King Building completion.

Bailey Power Plant Tenants:

The Dutch Light Cocktail Bar will hold a soft opening today, from 1:00 p.m., to Midnight. If you miss today's soft opening, they will open from 3 p.m., to Midnight, all week. The Grand Opening is scheduled for Friday, September 27, 2024.

Credit: thedutchlightbar

The view from their outdoor space:

Credit: thedutchlightbar

Stevens Center Renovation:
Frank L. Blum Construction was selected for the second phase of this project.

Credit: flblum

Credit: flblum

1913 Lord & Burnham Conservatory Restoration:

Credit: Lea Nading

Tex-Tech Headquarters:

We have a rendering for this project:

Credit: Triad Design Group

Toyota Tsusho:
I was the first to break this story on social media. Toyota Tsusho bought a 110,163-square-foot building in Whitaker Park from Brennan Investment Group for $13.77 million to use as a sustainable and innovative recycling center for their North Carolina EV battery facility. More details will be released in late-2025. According to the building's developer, this transaction will bring high-quality "manufacturing" and "executive" jobs to Winston-Salem. So, I'm thinking this must be some type of divisional headquarters and will convert the materials brought into the facility into something else? This is a company known for innovation and they want to go above-and-beyond to be green with their EVs. They bought the building (making a serious investment here, instead of just leasing for a few years), so I'm expecting something new and innovative (likely will be industry leading!) that they are still working on (why they can't announce it until the end of next year). I'm expecting this to be a "big deal" announcement in 2025! More executives donating and volunteering is also great news and Toyota likes to invest in their communities. Toyota Tsusho owns 10% of the local Toyota Battery Manufacturing N.C., operation.

Augsburg Lutheran Church Renovation:

Credit: NewAtlanticWS

Credit: NewAtlanticWS

1782 Potters House:
Potters House, built in 1782, has received a $500,000 grant from the National Park Service's Semiquincentennial Grant Program (Commemorating the 250th anniversary of the founding of the United States). Michael Graves Architecture is the architect for this project. It will require additional money, for any historic restoration donors out there.

Credit: michaelgravesarchitecture

Credit: michaelgravesarchitecture

Ziehl-Abegg North American Headquarters: Built!

A look at the office space...

Credit: photographynorthcarolina

Alternative Transportation:

Amtrak at Union Station:
I'm breaking this news here, on SSP! Look for another Metropolitan Winston-Salem Transportation Public Meeting, on October 28, 2024 at the downtown Central Library. The meeting starts at 5 p.m., and allows you to provide input on the region's 2050 Transportation Plan and the point assignment from the July meeting.

Your City

Old Posted Sep 22, 2024, 6:03 PM

WOW at Ziehl-Abegg North American Headquarters being built thats huge!! Congrats to your community Matthew. I pray my community will one day have a international company build their HQ here

Old Posted Sep 22, 2024, 8:06 PM

Sine react great looking manufacturing facilities. I am trying to remember, is TexTech on South Main? Excited for these new companies to enter the market and make their presence known. That is an issue in the community, that people are only familiar with the really large companies or those that have been around a long time. There are many sizable companies and operations in the area that often get overlooked.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2024, 6:26 PM

Hi All,
The live music scene is absolutely blowing up right now and I’m eager to keep supporting venues, especially when they do something unusual. Tomorrow (Wednesday) there’s a very interesting group coming to Gas Hill. UNCSA was a partner but they screwed up publicity so it’s a tiny crowd so far. Early show so no excuses… Come and bring a friend!

ReSurgence is a genre-bending septet of highly accomplished improvising jazz musicians – each bringing their own unique sensibilities to the already eclectic compositions of Chuck Owen. Kate McGarry’s playful and luminescent voice pairs beautifully with Sara Caswell’s lyrical and often haunting violin. Both are parried by Corey Christiansen’s heartland or blues-drenched acoustic guitars and Jack Wilkins fiery saxophone while Mark Neuenschwander (bass) and Danny Gottlieb foster the groove whether funk or folk. . . swing or driving Latin.
The ensemble clearly relishes exploring the fringes in a manner that is not self-conscious but assured, heartfelt, joyful, and intimate. This is immediately apparent in their first album, “Magic Light”, slated for a mid-April 2024 release on Origin. From a playful and somewhat “greasy” re-imagining of Blood, Sweat, & Tears classic “Spinning Wheel” to an environmental prayer (Apalachicola), a politically snarky “And Your Point Is?”, and a poignant contemplation of his childhood home and its impact (Omaha), it is clear Chuck relishes this opportunity to compose & arrange for this leaner and more transparent ensemble.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2024, 3:44 PM

Nelson Worldwide has released more renderings of WFU’s The Grounds. They reveal the project is even more dynamic, progressive, and massive than I previously envisioned. This will truly be transformative.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2024, 3:48 PM

Old Posted Sep 26, 2024, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Aperture Cinema has raised $50,000 over the last week, which is half of what it needs to stay open in 2025.

The city’s arthouse theater announced its bleak financial situation and the resignation of its founder and executive director Lawren Desai last week, raising concern among film lovers that a key piece of the city’s arts scene might close.

Since then, donations have poured in from individuals in amounts of $10, $20 and $50, with a few folks giving $5,000, said Janice Tsoules, the chairwoman of Aperture’s board of directors. Originally started as a for-profit business in 2010, it became a nonprofit organization in 2017 with the intention of finding steady funding from arts organizations, foundations and individual donors
https://journalnow.com/life-entertai...home-top-story

Old Posted Sep 27, 2024, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMetroRaleigh View Post
Good to hear and glad they are getting the word out. Helps to know they have a good chance to make their goal. I just made a contribution.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2024, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-V-R View Post
Good to hear and glad they are getting the word out. Helps to know they have a good chance to make their goal. I just made a contribution.
I'm wanting to know more about this. So are they going to have to fundraise yearly just to stay open? This doesn't seem sustainable.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations