HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 21, 2024, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mayor View Post
There is a proposal from the first nations group, but the mayor will not Look at it it’s a time for her to go It’s pretty disgusting what is happening in Regina all she does is social media updates no announcements on nothing. It’s really quite pathetic.
The proposal isn't "real" is any true sense.

They have no funding, investors, or infrastructure. It has zero chance of actually getting built.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBobo View Post
The proposal isn't "real" is any true sense.

They have no funding, investors, or infrastructure. It has zero chance of actually getting built.
They don't?

Its also really hard to get investors and or funding if you don't have land to put together a proposal on.

This Administration and Council have taken a white wash approach to dealing with Treaty 4 Nations and a bunch of people who don't actually listen to what the Nations are trying to achieve and think they know best.

The last couple years have been insanely embarrassing to say the least.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 8:26 PM

I noticed a new permit was pulled for the Lakeshore Shopping Centre for $2.6 million. I assume it is one of these buildings:

https://harvard.ca/leasing/leasing-p...at%20Lakeshore

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I noticed a new permit was pulled for the Lakeshore Shopping Centre for $2.6 million. I assume it is one of these buildings:

https://harvard.ca/leasing/leasing-p...at%20Lakeshore
I believe it would be the one coloured green in the link you shared. A commercial building right on Hillsdale.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 9:51 PM

Ronald McDonald house have posted a render of their beautiful new Regina facility. They need to raise more money for this very worth cause. Please consider donating at https://www.milestogosk.com/.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 10:28 PM

It's a great spot for the RM house. The park across the street is probably the most vibrant in the city.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 11:15 PM

Looks great!

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBobo View Post
It's a great spot for the RM house. The park across the street is probably the most vibrant in the city.

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Sep 24, 2024 at 4:37 AM.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2024, 3:07 PM

The Proposal for RMH also has underground parking, landscaping on the east and south sides and a garden/play area on the north. I assume the latter could be used for future expansion.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2024, 7:20 PM

RGH parkade renders

Old Posted Sep 24, 2024, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
The Proposal for RMH also has underground parking, landscaping on the east and south sides and a garden/play area on the north. I assume the latter could be used for future expansion.
I approve of the design
It's a very short distance from my residence of nearly four decades.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2024, 8:38 PM

I was talking to a tradesperson on-site today. He said the parkade is scheduled to open December 1st.
I'm glad they will be hiding some of the depressing gray concrete with the coloured 'vanes' (as he called them) which have yet to be installed. Glazing also has yet to be installed. They have just completed paving the surface parking immediately east of the parkade.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2024, 9:44 PM

The replacement for Pioneer Village is going to be a nightmare of a location. The traffic coming off Wascana Parkway to Ring Road is pretty thick a few times a day and, good luck getting an ambulance through that traffic out to SIAST/new PV site. It's not a very accessible site. I agree PV needs to be replaced but sticking them out in this field is not a good solution.

Masters needs to go. Bresciani really needs to go. She is not the solution to Masters.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2024, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
The replacement for Pioneer Village is going to be a nightmare of a location. The traffic coming off Wascana Parkway to Ring Road is pretty thick a few times a day and, good luck getting an ambulance through that traffic out to SIAST/new PV site. It's not a very accessible site. I agree PV needs to be replaced but sticking them out in this field is not a good solution.

Masters needs to go. Bresciani really needs to go. She is not the solution to Masters.
There are wide shoulders on all the roads and ramps. I do not see problem if the ambulance has lights flashing. It is not like a City street where there is no room to pull over. Remember there was once a full-fledged hospital out there.

How does your second paragraph relate to the first?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2024, 10:05 PM

It's a separate paragraph. Would you prefer a separate post for each topic in this thread? Council has zero to do with where the PV 2 is going.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2024, 11:07 PM

Quote:
It's a separate paragraph. Would you prefer a separate post for each topic in this thread? Council has zero to do with where the PV 2 is going.
It just seems extremely random. Not even related to construction, let alone the rest of the post.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2024, 11:47 PM

Quote:

There used to be a real hospital right there you know. It's a 4 lane road with exits. The times it's busy on that road is the same time every major road in the city is busy.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2024, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
There used to be a real hospital right there you know. It's a 4 lane road with exits. The times it's busy on that road is the same time every major road in the city is busy.
exactly...it used to be a hospital...i highly doubt an ambulance is going to have an issue in and out of there...

Old Posted Sep 25, 2024, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CattyCommittee View Post
exactly...it used to be a hospital...i highly doubt an ambulance is going to have an issue in and out of there...
Yeah I find that part of that poster's argument very strange. I think that poster may disagree with everything done by the province out of principal.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2024, 1:49 AM

Some more pictures, got busy and haven't got out much this month. https://imgur.com/a/DRfSQsC

Pinkie Road paving has been pretty much complete for 2 weeks, practically nothing new happening but still not open yet.

One thing near Regina I noticed a few weeks ago when picking up a wheelbarrow at the Emerald Park Home Hardware is that there is a business park going in just south of the Pilot Butte diverging diamond interchange. They had traffic diverted off the south service road while they were working on a business access. Still early stage of land servicing.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan