HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Sep 6, 2024, 8:31 PM

With Condor’s seasonal service ending soon does anyone have info on how the loads were and are they increasing service next year?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2024, 10:29 PM

^ still showing 2x weekly next year. I flew FRA-YEG early August, flight was full in economy, 10 open seats in premium economy and 9 seats open in business when I checked in around 8 AM the morning of the flight which left FRA at 11 AM. But remember this was a much larger plane than the one in 2023.

My sense is that they are doing ok with decent loads.

I would fly them again, but I basically lost one day of my trip to fly Condor as I would have flown on Saturday rather than Friday. So yes, the schedule sucks with only 2 per week.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2024, 8:23 PM

Looks like WS YEG-ATL flights have been removed for Wednesdays and Fridays of this month only, so far.

Edit: Thursdays for October as well.

Last edited by Justanothermember; Sep 10, 2024 at 4:00 AM.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 7:36 PM

I really thought that flight would do very well so that is unfortunate to hear. I wonder if there is a outside chance that is related to Westjet being down planes still as they recover from the hail storm damage? I haven't heard of a lot of YEG flights being affected but perhaps temporary?

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 7:53 PM
Community Guy

It's an amazing hub and destination, but YYC, YYZ and even YUL are probably preferable where possible given that they are all within Canada.

It would be very interesting to see who is flying that route and what their final destinations are.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justanothermember View Post
Looks like WS YEG-ATL flights have been removed for Wednesdays and Fridays of this month only, so far.

Edit: Thursdays for October as well.
When will WS notify of November cancellations? I have a flight booked to MSY via ATL on November 8. It would be nice to know early enough so I can rebook via MSP to avoid a dreaded two connection flight.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2024, 12:15 AM

Likely just a temporary reduction due to the hail damage.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2024, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payd1964 View Post
When will WS notify of November cancellations? I have a flight booked to MSY via ATL on November 8. It would be nice to know early enough so I can rebook via MSP to avoid a dreaded two connection flight.
You'll be fine. I've heard Westjet is down to only 2 damaged planes needing repairs. The reductions are temporary due to the hailstorm and at this point will certainly be over soon.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2024, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payd1964 View Post
No impacts to the 8th of November from what I can see.....................so far.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2024, 2:26 AM

Many folks take that flight. I know some who travelled to AUS, CHS, BWI via ATL. It would be a shame to downgrade the frequency.

We are looking at a flight to Daytona Beach also via ATL. Price is quite compelling.

YEG continues to struggle with transborder capacity. SEA is back to one daily, SFO on AC is gone, LAX is not even daily, MSP is back to 5 weeklies, PSP is not daily until later in the year.

This continues to be a an area that EIA has struggled with. I don't get why we're still not able to get our transborder flights back even though we're at par with pre-pandemic numbers overall.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2024, 12:59 PM

I suspect Biz travel is still not back to pre-pandemic and personally the USA is lower down on my travel list due to insane hotel and restaurant costs vs other options. Also some of my usual destinations have suffered a decline in their main tourist areas due to closed retail and homelessness. I’m sure this has some impact.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2024, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YegFan View Post
Many folks take that flight. I know some who travelled to AUS, CHS, BWI via ATL. It would be a shame to downgrade the frequency.

We are looking at a flight to Daytona Beach also via ATL. Price is quite compelling.

YEG continues to struggle with transborder capacity. SEA is back to one daily, SFO on AC is gone, LAX is not even daily, MSP is back to 5 weeklies, PSP is not daily until later in the year.

This continues to be a an area that EIA has struggled with. I don't get why we're still not able to get our transborder flights back even though we're at par with pre-pandemic numbers overall.
Business spend is down. That is what drives transborder frequencies since that group pays for better seats, flight timings, higher class of tickets etc. Its a different model and until that $ spend comes back transborder will be weak.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2024, 4:29 PM
A Better Place

KLM is adding two more weekly direct flights to Amsterdam starting in November for winter, bringing the weekly total to 5. Must be seeing great demand for seats, good to see especially during the winter season.

https://edmontonjournal.com/sponsore...eid=ce00611739

Old Posted Sep 14, 2024, 1:51 PM

^ Good news and great prices to AMS and beyond.

Let’s support KLM as we hopefully move to daily service in the future.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2024, 7:27 PM
Urbis Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket252 View Post
^ Good news and great prices to AMS and beyond.

Let’s support KLM as we hopefully move to daily service in the future.
I know many people who take KLM. Must be doing well if they are adding frequency. Excellent, excellent news for YEG.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2024, 8:45 PM

I'll get to try their business class in a while. Looking forward to trying it out.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2024, 9:07 PM

^ we always look for business class seats during their sales which are on now. Between 3-4k per person for selected cities with one stop at AMS. I would advise taking the center 2 seats as you and your partner have aisle access

Old Posted Sep 16, 2024, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket252 View Post
^ we always look for business class seats during their sales which are on now. Between 3-4k per person for selected cities with one stop at AMS. I would advise taking the center 2 seats as you and your partner have aisle access
I believe that KLM will be replacing the A330 they're flying to Edmonton with another plane that I can't recall, around late October or November? Hopefully it will have the newer pods with the 1-2-1 configuration so that everyone has an aisle seat.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2024, 5:33 PM

Yes it will be a combination of 787-9 and 777-200 aircraft as per last winter

Old Posted Oct 2, 2024, 2:50 PM
Community Guy

Ahead of schedule and under budget... it can be done!

Airport departures ramp to re-open Oct 30/31.
https://www.stalbertgazette.com/loca...s-ramp-9598152

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton