HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Sep 6, 2024, 12:14 PM

Second link has a few renders of the A/D Hall ticketing and baggage claim

Old Posted Sep 6, 2024, 5:54 PM

I'll post those renders here directly. They look fine. Nothing special, but I think ABIA's main concern should be Capacity per Dollar right now. The city is playing catch-up.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2024, 2:52 PM

I actually don't mind it. I like the light wood accents and space lol. Thanks for sharing Echo! It would be amazing if we had this by 2030

Old Posted Sep 8, 2024, 5:39 PM

Looks too random regional Scandinavian airport -esque for me. Austin’s a big city and the airport should reflect that IMO. I want a hectic, overcrowded, modern airport with SIM card shops and bag wrapping stations everywhere. The rendering looks like a good place to have a nice fireside chat over hot cocoa.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:31 PM
World Traveler

Honestly, this is the same general layout philosophy of a lot of major airports around the world, especially a lot of the newer ones popping up throughout Asia. It's way more efficient than the older US-style setup with a long row of counters.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:58 PM

Looks a lot like La Guardia's new terminal (though not as sleek design-wise). I like the flow of the counters in there so I think this will be a plus.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
Looks a lot like La Guardia's new terminal (though not as sleek design-wise). I like the flow of the counters in there so I think this will be a plus.
Honestly, I think using this layout for check in counters feels more international, but that could just be my perception from seeing it more often overseas or at the JFK terminal for AA.

Architecturally wise, is anyone attached to these renders? I wonder if they are more of a basic concept from the airport to act as a visual placeholder for when a firm draws up an actual plan. I doubt we're getting what Hadid did for the Beijing terminal, but even with value engineering, I'd be surprised it's this bare bones.

Old Posted Today, 2:04 AM
I am so smart, S-M-R-T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankLloydLeft View Post
I wonder if they are more of a basic concept from the airport to act as a visual placeholder for when a firm draws up an actual plan.
That is a perfect description of what these are.

I posted the link above to the request for qualifications for a designer to prepare the final plans.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin