HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #241  
Old Posted Aug 30, 2024, 1:59 PM
Harley613's Avatar
Harley613 Harley613 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC
Posts: 6,896
The way they worded that release certainly makes it sound like the 25 and 27 story towers will rise together. That would be epic, especially if the 24 story tower across the street and the 22 story tower next door rise at the same time. Insta-skyline.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #242  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2024, 12:50 AM
rocketphish's Avatar
rocketphish rocketphish is online now
Planet Ottawa and beyond
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greater Ottawa
Posts: 14,705
Is the copper wall feature still being installed, or is this all we're getting?

Today:



Photo by me
Sept 2, 2024

Rendering:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #243  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2024, 1:17 AM
SL123 SL123 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1,978
^are those LEDs Strips behind the cooper? would be a nice light feature if it would light up from behind
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #244  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2024, 1:21 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
I've seen no progress in months. Looks pretty bad atm. Honestly, even the completed version wouldn't compare to the rendering, which looked more like tiles instead of an orange circuit board.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #245  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2024, 3:18 PM
ponyboycurtis's Avatar
ponyboycurtis ponyboycurtis is offline
Cigritbutt enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Blahttawa
Posts: 1,689
That really looks like a finished product from the photo. Why would they install some type of siding to have it covered by another product? Looks like a Seacan got repurposed.

You can always count on Ottawa loafing the bed when it comes to details. Reminds me of whatever random garbage they installed on the lower outside corners of the Travelodge on Carling.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #246  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2024, 3:51 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboycurtis View Post
That really looks like a finished product from the photo. Why would they install some type of siding to have it covered by another product? Looks like a Seacan got repurposed.

You can always count on Ottawa loafing the bed when it comes to details. Reminds me of whatever random garbage they installed on the lower outside corners of the Travelodge on Carling.
Harley posted a closeup on Skyrise. Does seem like the orange panels go over the medal siding, with maybe an LED strip between each metal panels.


https://ottawa.skyrisecities.com/forum/t...35s-dma-pma-lapalme-rheault.37260/page-5
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #247  
Old Posted Sep 6, 2024, 3:59 PM
ponyboycurtis's Avatar
ponyboycurtis ponyboycurtis is offline
Cigritbutt enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Blahttawa
Posts: 1,689
Interesting. I stand corrected then? Hopefully.

Certainly an interesting approach to installation.

I stand by my loafing the bed comment though!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #248  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2024, 10:19 PM
rocketphish's Avatar
rocketphish rocketphish is online now
Planet Ottawa and beyond
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greater Ottawa
Posts: 14,705
I had to go back and check it out. Hurray! they just weren't finished yet. Does it light up? Time will tell.



Photo by me
Sept 21, 2024
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #249  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 3:43 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
It's about time. It was half finished for months. It's a nice addition to the building. Makes it that much more interesting. Overall, good project. Just so happy to see a little colour for once.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #250  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2024, 2:19 PM
7empest's Avatar
7empest 7empest is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Vanier
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketphish View Post
I had to go back and check it out. Hurray! they just weren't finished yet. Does it light up? Time will tell.
Can confirm it was lit up last night.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #251  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2024, 3:22 PM
Kitchissippi's Avatar
Kitchissippi Kitchissippi is online now
Busy Beaver
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,702
Missed opportunity: Those panels could have contained secret messages in Star Wars Aurabesh

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #252  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2024, 11:43 PM
AuxTown's Avatar
AuxTown AuxTown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 4,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchissippi View Post
Missed opportunity: Those panels could have contained secret messages in Star Wars Aurabesh

lol this is the kind of comments I come here for!

Must look pretty slick when lit up
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #253  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2025, 11:39 PM
Ottawacurious Ottawacurious is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 570
Bad photo coming up on skyrise. But the building has a big white vertical light viewable from a long distance. It's easy to pick out!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #254  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2025, 3:40 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxTown View Post
lol this is the kind of comments I come here for!

Must look pretty slick when lit up
Honestly, not a fan of the lighting. More obvious stark white LED strips than a nice backlit art piece. Not very well done IMO.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #255  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2025, 11:34 PM
rocketphish's Avatar
rocketphish rocketphish is online now
Planet Ottawa and beyond
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greater Ottawa
Posts: 14,705
LUXO signs and vertical elements are all lit-up this evening:



Photo by me
April 14, 2025
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #256  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2025, 12:21 AM
SL123 SL123 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1,978
I know we all loved how tall and prominent this tower looked when it was getting built (me included) but personally I think it ended up looking atrocious. I hate the material they ended up using, looks like cheap barn aluminum. The white bars and the fact they lit up are starting to help but honestly from up close I think its looks real cheap. I'll give them their flower for the midrise but the tower is a no for me on aesthetic ground. I much prefer Maison Riverain on mtl rd or the Icon who have received a lot more hate on this forum over this.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #257  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2025, 2:18 AM
Ottawacurious Ottawacurious is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 570
I like they did something different.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #258  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2025, 12:31 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Signs installed with a helicopter over the weekend! Didn't see it, but could hear it.

I agree it's not as nice as I'd hoped (the overall building). Nicer materials, more orange accents, kind of like the hotel, would have been great. Overall though, it's not bad. Certainly unique for Ottawa.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #259  
Old Posted Jul 16, 2025, 11:47 PM
ponyboycurtis's Avatar
ponyboycurtis ponyboycurtis is offline
Cigritbutt enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Blahttawa
Posts: 1,689
I gotta say... from the distance I wasn't really pumped on this building other than its height. Coming in from 417 east approaching Innes it really shows itself but its so grey against the sky/horizon.

Seeing it up close I have a bit better appreciation for it. I don't think its anything grand on the tower potion but everything else is quite nice. I think this building will improve quite a bit on its own when the other 2 towers go up.







Some of you astute viewers out there might notice where my car is parked in the second photo because I went on a hunt for information. Check the thread for neighboring development on Cyrville. https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207436

edit* I came into the parking lot and drove right up to the fence to start a chat before even looking at Luxo. I see vest, I talk to vest.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #260  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2025, 12:39 PM
AuxTown's Avatar
AuxTown AuxTown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 4,654
I will never forgive them for that font; I hate it so much!

It's not bad in small form on the internet but really looks bad on the side of the building IMO.

Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:23 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.