HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Today, 5:18 PM

Agree with the above in how much sense it makes to see these numbers ... the peninsula is so geographically small (relative to many cities) that it's perfect for getting around on foot. One can run the whole peninsula (loop around it) in around ~22km.

I've been living in Fairview (at the bottom near DVR) and even in the short 4 years I've been here I see myself walking to more places. We have the Superstore a short walk for groceries and a growing amount of retail on DVR (and finally, sidewalks this/next year!). With the upcoming condos to be wrapped up on Joe Howe in the next 1-2 years, we'll see even more ground floor retail, amenities. Then, there's the growth nodes at Mumford and eventually Bayers Rd Centre.

I presume most of those stuck in traffic are coming out of the peninsula, eg Sackville and other areas where commuting by vehicle is the only (sane) option

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure