HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 1:46 AM
Go Chiefs!

28C with a humidex of 35 and mainly sunny except for a 2 hour period this afternoon when it was more overcast. That probably ate one or 2 degree of the potential high.

Low of 19C this morning.

The warmspot was Windsor, ON at 33.4C.

Warmest low was Point Pelee, ON at 22.0C.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 2:55 AM
Midtowner since 2K

We hit a high of 31C with a humidex of 40 at Pearson, and since I was in Mississauga today, thats probably the same temperature we hit. I went for a walk to find a geocache around noon and boy did I sweat as I bushwhacked through the wooded part of a park near the Hershey Centre. I was afforded some pretty scenery, like a field of golden rod and virginia creeper, and some pretty vistas like this one:
August 27th by Josh Kennington Photographics, on Flickr

This is what I ended up replacing the cache I was looking for with (it was missing).
August 27th by Josh Kennington Photographics, on Flickr

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
Dude. I was shooting at an event up at Big White on Saturday, and the temperature plummeted. It was 31C in Kelowna on Friday, and then on Saturday, it was 5C and pouring rain up at Big White (around 45 minutes from Kelowna). It was the most difficult photoshoot I've ever done. I almost quit about six hours in. I was exposed to the rain with no shelter, and drenched with no water-resistant shoes or pants. I couldn't stop shivering. I made it through the shoot thanks to being able to put on some dry clothes after seven hours in the rain.

Here are some pictures from that mess of a day.
Some nice miserable picks!

There literally have been 2 bad days this August in the Okanagan, and they have both been epic bad days, last Satruday and Today.

If I was an organizer with that event I would have been so pissed off. August 1st to 23rd, good to great, August 24th... perhaps the worst August day in years, August 25th, was sunny and pleasantly mild again.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 6:43 AM

After quite a stretch of cool, cloudy and wet fall weather we finally got a beautiful dry sunny day.
Also quite breezy/windy.

Tuesday's high at Vancouver Harbour was 18 C, the low was 14 C.

Fairview/Downtown, Vancouver, Aug.27 '24, my pics

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 11:37 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

18C and partly cloudy in Moncton at 8 AM.

Rain arrives shortly as a cold front approaches and will last until the late afternoon. The high today will be 23C.

St. Stephen NB riverfront

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 1:40 PM
Community Guy

4C as I drink my coffee with snow pretty low in the alpine. Back to mid-20s this weekend though.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
You have to try perch sometime, probably my favourite fish to eat. I'm not a big fisherman, but we generally fish for perch and pickerel (walleye) from a boat using a pickerel rig and worms or small minnows. That's considered old-school but it works, others are using plastics with a drop shot. Prime time for perch is September to October. If it ever freezes over, you can catch a ton of perch ice fishing too
Perhaps my niece should have kept this one! Lol.

Went fishing three times over the past few days. Penetang Harbour, Waubaushene and Little Lake in Midland. Waubaushene was chock full of weeds so couldn't fish the harbour side with my craft and had to fish the open water. Totally unproductive. Watched the sun set, but over trees. It got me thinking, I don't think I've ever seen the sun set over the water in Canada. Negril in Jamaica is possibly the only time I've seen that. It's perfectly situated on the west of the island. Does BC have the best sun sets, because it sets over the water?

If I were in Grand Bend or Sauble or whatever, would I see it set over Lake Huron? I suppose so. But have never stuck around for that.

We kept the 3.5 lb bass. Good eats, but bones were still in and very annoying to pick out.

Broke two rods. One I have no idea when it happened. Must have during transport. Other I stupidly whacked it against the one in the rod holder even though I shoulder checked to make sure I'd clear it. Still got three spares at home as I've gotten a lot of hand me downs over the years or found them while fishing. Like reeling in an entire reel and rod combo that fell overboard at some point.

Think the loon was only the fourth or fifth time I've seen one. The closest I've seen to the city was at Heart Lake in Brampton.

That's the only baby snapping turtle I've ever seen. He kept coming back even after we "petted" it. I even picked it up on the end of the oar and he'd drop off, run away a few feet and then come right back. Almost as if he was playing.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 2:15 PM

Some other creatures in addition to the spider on the boat and the snapping turtle.

My daughter stepped into this hole at the beach and yelled spider! I was thinking just a regular ol' spider. Nope. Practically a tarantula.

image host

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
4C as I drink my coffee with snow pretty low in the alpine. Back to mid-20s this weekend though.
The webcams at Sunshine Village look like mid December, crazy snowfall for late summer, even in the mountains!

Old Posted Aug 29, 2024, 12:14 AM

A bit of rain early this morning, then cloudy til afternoon. High of 28.8 with a humidex of 38 and low of 21.1

Old Posted Aug 29, 2024, 1:37 AM
Go Chiefs!

21C with a humidex of 23 and sunny. Definitely cooler as the cold front went through this morning.

With the 7.2 mm from yesterday's storm, we have now received 229.3 mm this month which a new August all-time monthly record. Not a surprise as 67% of it fell in 1 day. A day that saw 65% more rain than the previous all-time daily record.

Low of 18C this morning. Cold front coincided with sunrise. As a result the actual low was achieved 2-3 hours later than normal at 9AM.

The warmspot was Point Pelee, ON at 29.2C.

Warmest low was Windsor, ON at 21.3C.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2024, 1:47 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

The blue skies returned to Vancouver today, about 18°C.

my photo

Old Posted Aug 29, 2024, 2:02 AM
Sawmill Billowtoker

In the morning, it was dark. Like lights almost deciding to keep themselves on through the day. Like we were swamped in a thick cloud of smoke that we sometimes experienced a couple times in the last few years. It wasn't smoke. It was just a very dreich rain cloud with breezy clag. The rain did eventually fall but it was a more steady rain than what you might call a heavy rain.

Currently sun is breaking through the cloud but the sun is setting.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2024, 1:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

16C and sunny in Moncton at 10 AM, only getting up to 21C this afternoon. It feels quite fresh out.

The worm has turned. August ague has turned into September chill. The projected overnight lows for several days in the upcoming week will be in the +7C range.

Time to plan closing up the pool for the season.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2024, 3:06 PM

It looks like false Fall is now done. The rain and not having to walk down the shaded side of the street was a nice break tho

26 29 33 33 32 30 31

And not a cloud in the sky

Old Posted Aug 29, 2024, 5:09 PM

Thunderstorms have rolled through the last two days. Stereotypical of summer around here. Sunny, Hot and humid all day and then bam... 6:30pm heavy wind and rain.
EC mentioned the lightning tracker almost maxed out its counter in Essex county Tuesday night. 9000 strikes county wide in a 30 minute window

Old Posted Aug 29, 2024, 6:24 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Very cold, miserable day. And only for one day, which happens to be when that global cruise was in port lol It's only Canadian stop before returning to Miami.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2024, 7:26 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Old Posted Aug 29, 2024, 11:22 PM

The storms cooled things off a bit, but still very humid. Sunny and 24.8 today, with a humidex of 32 and low of 18.9.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2024, 2:59 AM
Go Chiefs!

22C with a humidex of 24 and sunny. It cooler than normal but I can deal with it.

Mild enough tonight for a walk

Low of 11C this morning. Coldest morning in 2 months.

The warmspot was Lytton, BC at 32.3C

Warmest low was Harrow, ON at 19.6C.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada