HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Aug 27, 2024, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
In general, it seems to me that Alberta is that one province in Western Canada where converting all of TCH to a proper freeway is warranted based solely on traffic.
I frequently travel between Calgary and Medicine Hat. Between Strathmore and Medicine Hat it's a breeze and I've never felt the road is really busy, even on long weekends when everyone is traveling around the same time. Compared to how busy the TCH is west of Calgary, and especially compared to Highway 2 between Calgary and Edmonton, it's nowhere close to needing a proper freeway.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2024, 5:04 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

I probably had in mind the sparsity of interchanges on TCH through SK and through MB when I typed that. (I’m excluding B.C. from the conversation because I’ve totally given up on it.)
I was just thinking that AB’s so far ahead in converting TCH to a freeway compared to those two that it might as well go the full way.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2024, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I frequently travel between Calgary and Medicine Hat. Between Strathmore and Medicine Hat it's a breeze and I've never felt the road is really busy, even on long weekends when everyone is traveling around the same time. Compared to how busy the TCH is west of Calgary, and especially compared to Highway 2 between Calgary and Edmonton, it's nowhere close to needing a proper freeway.
East of Strathmore, I would agree a proper freeway isn't needed. A handful of interchanges at selected major intersections would do the trick. Hwy 36 by Brooks is overdue and is a legitimate safety concern.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure