Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter
Hola ladies and gentleman.
I didn't notice an open forum with questions etc. Question for you who live in San Antonio residents
I'm moving in January which I'm ecstatic about. I used to live out by the Medical Center and received a speeding ticket in Alamo Heights (so I thick i can still get my way around without too much navigation,
I would like to find an apartment very close to the River Walk (the end which really is still somewhat undeveloped with bars and restaurants. In other words, i would rather not have an apartment overlooking the Republic of Texas' outside dining area.
I love the sandstones (adobe, mesa) colors. I guess what I'm asking is for, are suggestions or apartment suggestions that will put me close to the activity but not in the middle. I would really like a place to live that adds to the cultural character (mentioning how the sun reflects, orange, burnt sienna and just some of the warmest among any city I can think of. I will have my California salary (and California bills). lol Anyway I hope some of you can point me in the direction of my next place. I know this is probably not the way people look for new homes. I chose San Antonio because it was large but not pretentious. But it was always beautiful.
Thanks
James
|
The Pearl/Tobin Hill, Lower Broadway or Southtown are probably your best bets. If you want an area that's kind of in the process of gentrifying there's Denver Heights or the stuff around St Paul Square.