HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 10:27 PM

In the first 7 months of 2024, Riverview is having a stellar construction year.

Quote:
To date, the Town has allocated 115 building permits totaling over $52 million in value. This marks a 37% increase in the number of permits allocated, and more than double the valuation compared to the same period last year, which totalled just over $25 million by the end of July.
Building report:
https://www.townofriverview.ca/news/...buildingreport

Old Posted Aug 12, 2024, 3:52 PM

The lot beside the new Thrive "Dobson Crossing" apartment building on Gunningville is up for sale. According to the initial plan, I recall this site having 3 apartment buildings on it.

It's just another indication that Thrive Properties is scaling back.

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...blvd-riverview

https://thriveproperties.ca/projects/dobson-crossing/

Old Posted Aug 12, 2024, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
ICON is already pouring the foundation of the first building in this complex:

They are most definitely not wasting time. They remind me of Lafford, when he first started on the Three Sisters project. This gives me a lot of confidence that the Infinity Tower will also proceed as quickly as possible as well.
There is now components for a second tower crane on site could they be building the second building at the same time?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2024, 4:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy321 View Post
There is now components for a second tower crane on site could they be building the second building at the same time?
Really! That would be aggressive.

I have high hopes for ICON as a development company, and therefore also have a lot of confidence in the eventual construction of the Infinity Tower.

One thing to note - if ICON has access to two tower cranes, this would mean that if they start Infinity next year, they could keep working on both these projects concurrently.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2024, 4:37 PM

I drive by the ICON site frequently, and it's a very impressive construction site, to say the least. I've seen them working well into the evening. There's been major concrete work ongoing and when the first building is complete, it's going to make quite the impression - it looks huge.

It would be pretty dramatic to see 2 tower cranes on this site, but from what I've seen of ICON so far it wouldn't surprise me.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2024, 6:33 PM

They have also cleared all the bushes once again at 37 Trites road I imagine it will be a 2-3 floor apartment

Old Posted Aug 12, 2024, 7:04 PM

Quote:
They have also cleared all the bushes once again at 37 Trites road I imagine it will be a 2-3 floor apartment
This is from September 2022 in response to the brush being cleared at that time.

This one has been dragging along for a long time. We'll see if anything happens this time.

Quote:
Yes, it's a 3 story apartment building. The project was approved as a 6 unit building back in early 2021, but they've changed the plans and now it's 12 units.

Another one of these smaller in-filling apartment buildings in Riverview.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2024, 10:10 PM

The shell and Tim Hortons that was proposed on Hillsborough road beside the trans aqua has passed the second and third reading so it could start construction anytime soon.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2024, 11:11 PM

I took a drive by the ICON site this evening, and it certainly looks like there's another tower crane lying on the ground! It's sitting where the middle of the 3 buildings will be constructed.

So when they are done with the first crane, maybe we will see them working on Infinity and the Riverview project simultaneously after all.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 1:09 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
The shell and Tim Hortons that was proposed on Hillsborough road beside the trans aqua has passed the second and third reading so it could start construction anytime soon.
This seemed to take forever. In case anyone forgot what this will look like:

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 11:32 AM

I have heard that Moemar are looking to build 6 to 7 apartment buildings. Not sure where or when, other than what has already been announced.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 4:16 PM

Noticed today a Kent office container on site at the location of the new Riverview recreation centre at the end of Runneymeade.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
I took a drive by the ICON site this evening, and it certainly looks like there's another tower crane lying on the ground! It's sitting where the middle of the 3 buildings will be constructed.

So when they are done with the first crane, maybe we will see them working on Infinity and the Riverview project simultaneously after all.
There was a concrete truck pouring concrete where the third building will be built they must be going to put the tower crane there.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2024, 2:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Proposal for a new apartment building on Coverdale Road:

Quote:
The applicant is proposing a 3 story, 29-unit, multiple unit dwelling at 771 Coverdale Road. The property is zoned SC (Suburban Commercial) and a multiple unit dwelling is a conditional use. The proposal conforms to all zoning provisions regarding height, setbacks, jogs and recesses, landscaping, parking, etc.
https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...C%20Report.pdf

This lot is on the north side of Coverdale Road, about two blocks to the west of Riverview Mall.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2024, 2:37 PM

Quote:
They have begun working on the first floor

Old Posted Aug 24, 2024, 2:42 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Interesting. The info is from the PAC document from August 14th. Did they jump the gun???

Old Posted Aug 24, 2024, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Interesting. The info is from the PAC document from August 14th. Did they jump the gun???

Quote:
I have to say I'm impressed by ICON so far; they aren't wasting any time with this project. It bodes well for the Infinity project, which I really hope remains at 30 floors. If it does, it just might encourage taller buildings being constructed in Moncton in the future.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2024, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Sorry I meant the icon site

Old Posted Aug 29, 2024, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
This is from September 2022 in response to the brush being cleared at that time.

This one has been dragging along for a long time. We'll see if anything happens this time.
There were around 15 workers on site today starting to install the foundation at 39 Trites street for that new apartment.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2024, 12:58 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is still no indication they are mounting a second tower crane at the ICON construction site in Riverview.

I wonder if the crane pieces lying on the ground here could be being stored by ICON for future installation at the Infinity Tower project next year????

Hmmmmm......

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces