HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 12:56 AM

Sunwing Airlines schedule is out for Winter 2024-2025.

https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/248...pdf?p=original

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 2:12 AM

Thanks for sharing. Indeed, looks like this I had shared a while back was indeed the correct schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanR27 View Post
If that's indeed the WG final schedule, here's what it is (all frequencies listed are at their peak - up to 21x weekly departures). I believe CYO ran last winter? If so, it's gone this year. Not sure how anything else compares either.

CCC - 2x weekly
HOG - 1x weekly
SNU - 2x weekly
VRA - 3x weekly
POP - 1x weekly
PUJ - 4x weekly
MBJ - 2x weekly
CUN - 5x weekly
PVR - 1x weekly

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 7:51 PM

Apparently YOW is developing a new website. Wonder what it will look like. They’ll have a list of all non-stop routes like what you see on wiki according to them.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2024, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofYOW View Post
Apparently YOW is developing a new website. Wonder what it will look like. They’ll have a list of all non-stop routes like what you see on wiki according to them.
Cool! The current iteration of the website has probably been since around 2019.

Today's departure count: 86

Today's cancellation count (so far): 2 - one of which is an AC YYZ flt #/tail swap to A320 FIN 225

Old Posted Aug 22, 2024, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion301 View Post
Cool! The current iteration of the website has probably been since around 2019.

Today's departure count: 86

Today's cancellation count (so far): 2 - one of which is an AC YYZ flt #/tail swap to A320 FIN 225
Super cool indeed, can't wait to see what it looks like.

In other news, YQY is going to announce a brand new airline and route today. Wonder if it's PD to YOW like 3x weekly or something? PD needs more D8 flights from more smaller cities to feed YOW. From the wording, it doesn't sound like it's to YHZ, since that was previously served. But then again, a winter launch for this doesn't make sense.
EDIT: Never mind, it's Pescan to YHZ.

Other good options for them to consider: YSB, YXU, YQG, YQB, YKF, and even YGK would be a great one to help bring more of those folks to YOW instead of have them drive to YYZ.

Last edited by fanofYOW; Aug 22, 2024 at 4:38 PM.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2024, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofYOW View Post
Super cool indeed, can't wait to see what it looks like.

In other news, YQY is going to announce a brand new airline and route today. Wonder if it's PD to YOW like 3x weekly or something? PD needs more D8 flights from more smaller cities to feed YOW. From the wording, it doesn't sound like it's to YHZ, since that was previously served. But then again, a winter launch for this doesn't make sense.
EDIT: Never mind, it's Pescan to YHZ.

Other good options for them to consider: YSB, YXU, YQG, YQB, YKF, and even YGK would be a great one to help bring more of those folks to YOW instead of have them drive to YYZ.
Could be PD Dash 8 service to YHZ but looking at their winter 2024-25 DH4 schedule at YHZ, all the arrivals and departures align perfectly with no gap bigger than 79 minutes (excluding the 2 RONs).

I did see the headline 'transformational' so may that is in fact PD to YOW. Just watch it'll be YOW-YQY the other 3 days of the week this winter that YOW-YYT doesn't operate on the E2.

Or maybe it'll be Pascan 2-3x daily on the SF3 as the first feeder service for PD ahead of the YHU terminal. Guess we'll find out shortly. WS to YYC twice a week?

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/sydney-a...oute-1.7003816

Old Posted Aug 22, 2024, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion301 View Post
Could be PD Dash 8 service to YHZ but looking at their winter 2024-25 DH4 schedule at YHZ, all the arrivals and departures align perfectly with no gap bigger than 79 minutes (excluding the 2 RONs).

I did see the headline 'transformational' so may that is in fact PD to YOW. Just watch it'll be YOW-YQY the other 3 days of the week this winter that YOW-YYT doesn't operate on the E2.

Or maybe it'll be Pascan 2-3x daily on the SF3 as the first feeder service for PD ahead of the YHU terminal. Guess we'll find out shortly. WS to YYC twice a week?

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/sydney-a...oute-1.7003816
It's Pescan to YHZ with a price tag of $500 round, yicks. Would have been better 3x weekly to YOW in my opinion to give AC some needed competition for the folks over there.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2024, 11:07 PM

Pretty sure it's Pascan Airlines.

https://www.pascan.com/en/

They have been around for sometime. Interesting move for them.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:50 PM

Today's departure count: 87

Today's cancellation count (so far): 2 - one of which is an AC YYZ tail/flt # swap

Today might be the day 86 gets broken. Will check out the FIDS again in a few hours.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YowItaliano View Post
For those thinking BA wasn't planning on coming to Ottawa, I feel this is only proof that they were.
All of a sudden 4x a week with the 787 when the A321XLR was always there plan. AC has been forcing us thru YYZ and YUL for 4 years now, why not make us wait a little longer?? An extra year of funneling
us until the A321XLR came was probably their plan in my opinion.
Something changed!!!
I hope BA comes!!
However, I'll still be loyal to AF and Skyteam now that I'm no longer a Star Alliance member.
So far AC has not adjusted their schedules from either Toronto or Montreal to LHR. So this likely is not a defense measure against BA just part of their normal expansion plans. AC was going to get the XLR early 2025 and this was always expected to be an early route.

With the XLR heavily delayed it looks like they are still moving forward with their plan, just with a different aircraft.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmonkey View Post
So far AC has not adjusted their schedules from either Toronto or Montreal to LHR. So this likely is not a defense measure against BA just part of their normal expansion plans. AC was going to get the XLR early 2025 and this was always expected to be an early route.

With the XLR heavily delayed it looks like they are still moving forward with their plan, just with a different aircraft.
That said, if no other schedule changes occur that would mean in order to serve YOW-LHR, AC is leaving a 789 on the ground at LHR for 24+ hours three times a week. Makes me wonder...

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:32 PM

Exclamation

[QUOTE=RomanR27;Originally Posted by RomanR27 View Post
If that's indeed the WG final schedule, here's what it is (all frequencies listed are at their peak - up to 21x weekly departures). I believe CYO ran last winter? If so, it's gone this year. Not sure how anything else compares either.

CCC - 2x weekly
HOG - 1x weekly
SNU - 2x weekly
VRA - 3x weekly
POP - 1x weekly
PUJ - 4x weekly
MBJ - 2x weekly
CUN - 5x weekly
PVR - 1x weekly [/QUOTE]

I think Westjet is bringing in some Swoop and Sunwing planes to operate some Florida flights as well. When purchasing some of the flights it markets them as “Economy Only “.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcard519 View Post
I think Westjet is bringing in some Swoop and Sunwing planes to operate some Florida flights as well. When purchasing some of the flights it markets them as “Economy Only “.
Came back to Ottawa on an 'econo' flight from Winnipeg at the start of August and it was a Swoop plane. Interior looked like every other WJ flight I've been on.

Old Posted Today, 12:30 AM

Quote:
From YOW all there is this winter on WS is 2x weekly RSW. Looks like a WS frame as they are selling two classes for it.

Old Posted Today, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanR27 View Post
From YOW all there is this winter on WS is 2x weekly RSW. Looks like a WS frame as they are selling two classes for it.
Check in and around March Break, I was going to fly Westjet but have no desire to sit in a Swoop plane so I’ll take AC with a YYZ stop.

Old Posted Today, 1:11 AM

Quote:
Check in and around March Break, I was going to fly Westjet but have no desire to sit in a Swoop plane so I’ll take AC with a YYZ stop.
Oh you're absolutely right. Sorry I was looking at Google Flights and it makes it look like they have multiple classes but if you click through it does show Eco only.

If you aren't aware, Porter also flies it direct 3x weekly so you can avoid a YYZ stop (and Rouge).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation