HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meuhud View Post
The professor needs to get out from behind his desk and go into the Islamic World to understand the suppression of women via being forced to wear these coverings. It is the same for very orthodox Jewish women, maybe the Amish, etc. People being forced to conform as a way for the elites to keep their power by citing religion (dubious) versus common sense. It is not for nothing that the Islamic Republic of Iran forces women to submit to their "dress code"!
Yet the Iranian government appears to be failing at enforcing the dress code because so many people there are against it and willing to not abide by it. Watch some recent videos and especially ones on the streets of Tehran and you'll see what I mean.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvisforme View Post
This was a joke online following Katzberg's victory; Australian and German fans were claiming him as their own and calling for DNA tests...
Australian I don't know, but he certainly struck me as looking very 1990 East German.

He seemed to LOVE the attention that day when I went to watch the athletes at the Trocadéro (I went for the French swimming team, who received a rapturous reception). He stayed waaaaaay longer than the other athletes on the stage, and didn't seem to want to leave. I found that funny!

Pictures my own.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada