HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpogue View Post
They're adding a substation at VCC-Clark to the existing Millennium Line (underneath the back of the station by the Clarke Drive bridge).

I seem to recall the first Broadway substation was going to be pretty close to the station at Great Northern Way, possibly where the emergency exit comes out. So that doesn't map up with whatever they're doing at Fraser Street.

There should be a substation around Broadway-City Hall too, if I recall correctly, but I can't find the document I'm looking for to confirm that.
Not sure if it changed but I found another reference in a project document.

Propulsion Power Substations
Table 1.2.3-a sets out the mnemonics for PPSs for the Broadway Subway Project.

PPS Location PPS Mnemonic

Mount Pleasant Station MPZ
Fairview-VGH Station OAZ
Arbutus Station ARZ

https://www.infrastructurebc.com/wp2...Redacted-1.pdf

I assume the VCC-Clark upgrade is outside of the scope of the project so that's why it's not mentioned.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainer View Post
Hey is anyone able to confirm that this foundation going in under the elevated guideway at Fraser and Earl Finning Way is for one of the substations/power feed station?

Also confirming that there are only 2 substations/power feed points, with the other being located at Arbutus?

I haven't been able to find it confirmed in any of the documents that I have.

Cheers
Is that a piece of track with fasteners sitting on the concrete pad on the right side of your photo?

This could be for testing/training/trialing rail installation on both flat and superelevated sections.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:55 PM

And the section on the left is sloped which seems weird. It seems like those sections have been placed there since Spring.

Back in July it seems like they were setting up some kind of of scaffolding for a concrete form hanging off the side of the guideway above where these "foundations" are placed. There's also a gap in those supports above that section.

Video Link

And back in April it seems like the supports were setup but removed later to do the additional concrete work.

Video Link

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:11 PM

I don't think that is related, the section the protrudes out should be for a switch machine like here:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/LTTF6AqztNfm2e5g6?g_st=ac

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure