HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:11 AM

basically, money won

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:07 PM

I had an event at the Four Seasons not that long ago, and it looked to me from inside that the Spanish Plaza fountain had already been rehabbed. There was a pretty intricate lighting system going on it, but maybe that masked unfinished work, so I can't be certain.

I've always been a proponent of Canal buildings getting residential space into upper floors partly because I'm convinced that will drive upgraded ground-floor retail over time. Even with hotels and short-term rentals, I think there will be a benefit to retail along Canal. I hope there are more projects like the Mayfair, and more apartments and condos too.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:51 PM

I'm not aware of anything being done with the fountain. They just re-did it, but they rarely turn it on.

If you squint, you can see the cranes on top of 1010 Common to the left of the statue:

And here's the condos that were built behind Plaza Tower. I believe there will be retail in the existing piece that faces Howard:

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperpaz View Post
I'm not aware of anything being done with the fountain. They just re-did it, but they rarely turn it on.

If you squint, you can see the cranes on top of 1010 Common to the left of the statue:

And here's the condos that were built behind Plaza Tower. I believe there will be retail in the existing piece that faces Howard:

its not a huge crane but it wasnt there before

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations