HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I hate to be like that. But it's all Tiwtter is on this topic. People share news or whatever and the comments are blaming Trudeau because it's a National Park and for not following the forest management plan. And because he's on vacation. And just because.
My dude. Your first mistake is being on X.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 8:53 PM

Reddit's where its at, but even their trolls have started to become too much.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2024, 1:48 PM

Twitter is the place to be for news and information as it happens. Nothing beats it right now unfortunately. All the big names are on Twitter for sports, science, politics, local stuff. That's what I want.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2024, 1:21 PM

Some great news about indigenous business growth in MB:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...toba-1.7284483

Seriously, there's no down-side to a story like this. I feel Indigenous prosperity is Manitoba's prosperity; we're all going to benefit from this.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Aug 4, 2024, 1:26 PM

Some great news about the local film industry too:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ions-1.7282791

Old Posted Aug 6, 2024, 1:56 AM
Mooderator

4 aug. 2024

Hi guys.

I had fun at the Human rights museum. Pretty cool. It was free on Sunday.

The security dude told me not to drop my phone.

Finally my kids got to see more than the stupid airport and Polo Park this time around.

My eldest Quebecer kid (almost 17) thought Sargent Ave was awesome. He said it felt 'midwestern'.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2024, 2:19 AM

Hope you guys are hitting folklorama this year. Been to four pavilions so far and man, I never have a bad time at folklorama. Each pavilion is so much fun in its own way. Any ways, back to chugging beer with the Deutsch haha!

Old Posted Aug 8, 2024, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
Hope you guys are hitting folklorama this year. Been to four pavilions so far and man, I never have a bad time at folklorama. Each pavilion is so much fun in its own way. Any ways, back to chugging beer with the Deutsch haha!
So far I've been to the Ukrainian and Punjab pavilion and both were great! Planning on doing Belgian and Ghanaian this Friday.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2024, 7:06 AM
keep the good times going

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
My eldest Quebecer kid (almost 17) thought Sargent Ave was awesome. He said it felt 'midwestern'.
Glad to hear we have that midwestern charm

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 1:55 AM

I drove out this afternoon to take in the Winnipeg Metropolitan Region hearing in Niverville and there were so many people there for the meeting that the capacity of the Niverville Heratige Center was exceeded.

It was canceled and will have to be rescheduled in a larger venue if there is one in the area. Maybe the local arena?

One thing I found interesting is there were 4 RCMP officers there. Is the Capital Region that contentious of an issue that the organizers were expecting issues. I wonder if the RCMP had officers at the meetings in Stonewall and Ile Des Chenes?

One of my friends listens to the Shadow Davis podcast and apparently he and some of his experts believe if the Region is enacted, among other things it is going to be able to tell people how to use there existing property to the point where I could be told I have to let people live in my spare bedroom.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 2:13 AM

I'll bet you a dollar that you are not forced to allow boarders into your home against your will over any time frame no matter what your friend's podcast claims.

Jesus christ this city has conniptions over landowners trying to voluntarily taking on renters, and he thinks the jackboots are going to force you to take them against your will?

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 2:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
I drove out this afternoon to take in the Winnipeg Metropolitan Region hearing in Niverville and there were so many people there for the meeting that the capacity of the Niverville Heratige Center was exceeded.

It was canceled and will have to be rescheduled in a larger venue if there is one in the area. Maybe the local arena?

One thing I found interesting is there were 4 RCMP officers there. Is the Capital Region that contentious of an issue that the organizers were expecting issues. I wonder if the RCMP had officers at the meetings in Stonewall and Ile Des Chenes?

One of my friends listens to the Shadow Davis podcast and apparently he and some of his experts believe if the Region is enacted, among other things it is going to be able to tell people how to use there existing property to the point where I could be told I have to let people live in my spare bedroom.
This plan would have softer teeth than any of the existing development plans or zoning bylaws that all these municipalities already have. Just another shiny object for people prone to getting stuck in internet rabbit holes.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalf View Post
I'll bet you a dollar that you are not forced to allow boarders into your home against your will over any time frame no matter what your friend's podcast claims.

Jesus christ this city has conniptions over landowners trying to voluntarily taking on renters, and he thinks the jackboots are going to force you to take them against your will?
I agree but there are people who think the government at all levels have a hidden agenda to take our land and money away from us

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 3:17 AM

There are also people that think the Earth is flat

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 11:43 AM

Who the heck is "Shadow Davis"?

Wait, don't answer, I don't think I want to know. It sounds like it might be another conspiracy theory echo chamber, and there's enough of that out there already.

However, if this person is pushing the old "the gov't is going to take your land/guns/dog/whatever" alarm, might I suggest he/she/it change his name to something a bit more appropriate, like maybe "Baron von Evilstein"?

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 12:49 PM

He was once a radio host, I think on Power 97 or 92. He kinda went crazy.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 3:09 PM

Shadoe Davis was a former radio host. I believe he was finally either let go or contract not renewed because of the crazy.

It's so sad that all these people are whipped into a frenzy over mostly nothing. It's great to participate and all that. But not based on the cat's podcast.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 4:22 PM

https://globalnews.ca/news/10690030/...ing-postponed/

“There were questions like, ‘Is this about 15-minute cities?’ That’s not what this is about. ‘Is it about shutting off access to my well?’ No, that’s not what it’s about,” she said.

They rant about the woke mind virus. What about this mind virus?

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 4:53 PM

Quote:
https://globalnews.ca/news/10690030/...ing-postponed/

“There were questions like, ‘Is this about 15-minute cities?’ That’s not what this is about. ‘Is it about shutting off access to my well?’ No, that’s not what it’s about,” she said.

As described by Eldon Musk:

"The woke mind virus consists of creating very, very divisive identity politics… (that) amplifies racism; amplifies, frankly, sexism; and all of the -isms while claiming to do the opposite”

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 4:56 PM
keep the good times going

Quote:

The WMR report doesn't even mention 15-minute cities... There are a few mentions about expanding water infrastructure in some areas.

I still don't get why people are scared of 15-minute cities. It's like 'Actually I want to have a 30-minute drive in why traffic to every amenity.' and 'How dare you try to make my life more convenient'

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan