HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 26, 2024, 4:12 AM

St Mary's Rd. overpass, they are aiming to have the bridge open at the end of August

Old Posted Jul 26, 2024, 4:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Transport Canada list 4-7 trains per day on the Emerson Sub crossings inventory. 4 at PTH 100. So maybe 2 trains going in and out per day.

The 2 CPKC lines on the Noth Perimeter. I mentioned this recently in conjunction with out rail relocation talks.

About 8 years ago, the Province had and RFP to combine the 2 tracks into one. Because as you guys have noted, there is minimal traffic on both lines. They were looking for routes to get the Winnipeg Beach Sub over to the Arborg Sub. This would make only one crossing of 101. and remove a bunch of track and rial crossing through the area.

The RFP was cancelled and didnt proceed. This could be picked up again if they actually went ahead with a rail relocation study or just wanted to remove that crossing. It would cost as much to move that track as it would for an overpass. So pick your poison.
That should be reconsidered. The CP Arborg and Riverton Subdivision start at almost the same place, and CP Riverton has more usage. I think that either Richardson Pioneer should be either moved to the CP Mainline (Carberry Subdivision) or to the CP Riverton, and remove CP Arborg completely.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2024, 8:53 PM

I was just posting on here a while back wondering what they were doing on the perimeter highway this summer. Just in case anyone missed this article! It answers all my questions ha ha

https://news.gov.mb.ca/news/index.ht...ted=2024-07-19

Old Posted Jul 31, 2024, 6:55 PM

Another fatal crash at the lights at the 15 and the Perimeter, unfortunately.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/br...ter-crash-rcmp

Old Posted Jul 31, 2024, 7:34 PM

I grew up in Springfield and would come in to the city there all the time to visit family and go to high school, that intersection is a nightmare. People use Eastbound 15 as a speedway heading out to Springfield and I've seen a bunch of near misses. This one should be an interchange priority imo.

Interchange it and then close Wenzel and Gunn Rd accesses, which are some of the most dangerous intersections on the perimeter in my non expert opinion. It's bananas you're allowed to turn left from a stop across 3-4 lanes of highway traffic on Gunn and that they'd add lights at Wenzel for like 10 cars a day. No need for Gunn or Wenzel.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_ca View Post
Another fatal crash at the lights at the 15 and the Perimeter, unfortunately.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/br...ter-crash-rcmp
The details in the crash indicate 3 men in their 20s each driving their own pickups into the city on Hwy 15 came up to a semi stopped at a red light at 12:30 am where speed was a factor.

Sure, if there were no lights, the collision might not have happened at 15/101. However, the details given lead me to believe that it could have just as easily happened at the first intersection inside the Perimeter, or at 15/207 just a few kms back.

Regardless, two of the three designs proposed at 15/101 will have some light or stop controlled intersections for the Perimeter on/of ramps intersecting at 15. 15 will not be free flow (which is appropriate).

Even the best highway designs can't prevent collisions when people decide to drive recklessly.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 4:56 PM

The details in the police article indicate 2 pick-ups either stopped or approaching the intersection on Hwy 15. With a semi truck stopped at the lights on Periemeter.

A third pick-up truck passed the 2 other pick-ups at a very high rate of speed, and crashed into the stopped semi. Killing the driver of the speeding pick-up.

I think this one is fully to blame on the speeding driver. Maybe he was drunk, medical emergency, suicide?

Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 4:58 PM

Hwy 15 and the Perimeter would be the perfect place for a large Roundabout.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 5:25 PM

If you really think about it, the entire perimeter is a large roundabout

Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 5:32 PM

Dp

Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 7:31 PM
There is always a way

Are we being trolled rn? ^^^
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 8:09 PM

yes

Old Posted Aug 2, 2024, 1:03 PM

I will go further. They should have built roundabouts on mcgillivary by brady road, mccreary, and columbia.

Driving from linden ridge to pth3 is a nightmare. Once the good ppl of Winnipeg learn to navigate roundabouts, we will wonder what we ever did without them.

Last edited by BlackDog204; Aug 3, 2024 at 11:45 PM.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2024, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
Once the good ppl of Winnipeg learn to navigate roundabouts, we will wonder what we ever did without them.
lol… people here don’t even know how to use a four way stop sign… good luck with roundabouts.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2024, 5:45 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
lol… people here don’t even know how to use a four way stop sign… good luck with roundabouts.
None of that matters if people don't know the difference between a yield and a merge...

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2024, 2:45 PM

Well, Hwy 15 has been notorious for being a dangerous intersection for years already. I think the entirety of Hwy 15 needs upgrades. But yes, speed can be a problem with accidents.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan