HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #18401  
Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 1:59 PM
John_Walker John_Walker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: DC
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
I agree that this looks sad for Salt Lake City, but I do think there's some important context missing. Mostly the fact that while only 2 are under construction, 1 is a new tallest and the other is in our top 10 tallest. A city that has 2 10-story buildings under construction would look the same on this map but that would obviously be significantly less impactful/notable.

Genuine question: how many of these will be new tallests?
Nashville (750 ft), Omaha (677 ft), Austin (1,022 ft), and Miami (1,049 ft) are some that will have new tallests.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18402  
Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 4:44 PM
Dale Dale is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 4,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Walker View Post
Nashville (750 ft), Omaha (677 ft), Austin (1,022 ft), and Miami (1,049 ft) are some that will have new tallests.
Add Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and St. Pete to the list!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18403  
Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 6:49 PM
John_Walker John_Walker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: DC
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeographer View Post
Found this map interesting (link below). Sorry I couldn’t upload it, it’s a Reddit post and I couldn’t take a decent screen shot of it.

The map in the link provided shows high rise construction (10 stories or more) in 2024. Found it interesting to see where cities are actively building high rises. I would have expected more high rises going up in the Western cities. Texas is going crazy along with Atlanta, Miami, NYC, and the Canadian cities.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyscrapers/com...ises_does_your_city_have_under/#lightbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Add Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and St. Pete to the list!
So for cities with the tallest under construction we have:
Miami: Waldorf Astoria Miami - 1,049 ft.
Austin: Waterline - 1,022 ft.
Nashville: 1010 Church - 750 ft.
Omaha: Mutual of Omaha Tower - 677 ft.
St. Petersburgh : 400 Central - 515 ft.
Richmond: CoStar Tower - 510 ft.
Ft Lauderdale: RD Las Olas - 499 ft.
Salt Lake City : Astra - 450 ft.
West Palm Beach: One West Palm - 426 ft.

*Edited to adjust list in descending order by building height
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18404  
Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 6:53 PM
Atlas's Avatar
Atlas Atlas is offline
Space Magi
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,008
I could not care less about other cities. Here's what I'm interested in:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid
Quote:
"Frankly, it may be too modest," said Dee Brewer, executive director of the Downtown Alliance, explaining that he's aware of multiple private developers who are now considering "very ambitious" residential towers that would reshape the downtown skyline yet again.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18405  
Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 5:46 AM
locolife locolife is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
I could not care less about other cities. Here's what I'm interested in:
My response to that would have been “like what, name some names and share some details” but alas, mystery projects they shall remain for now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18406  
Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 6:07 PM
Paniolo Man's Avatar
Paniolo Man Paniolo Man is offline
Lahaina Strong
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Murray, Utah.
Posts: 832
Gabbotts Row:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18407  
Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 6:14 PM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Here are the ones that we've heard or seen on this forum:

1- 465 Main: 15-stories


2- The Grid / West Quarter Phase 2: 16 stories


3- West Quarter Phase 3: (See image above...the 2 towers to the right of The Grid)

4- highrise on nw corner of 4th south and 3rd west: 28 stories


5- Theater Tower : 30? stories


6- Sundial Tower (probably dead): 24? stories


7- 2 towers on ne corner of 2nd south and 2nd east

8- Hines tower res. conversion:


9- HK tower res. conversion:


10- SEG Towers: up to 600' tall




11- Station Center highrises:



12- hospital tower

Last edited by Orlando; Jul 30, 2024 at 6:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18408  
Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 9:47 PM
RC14's Avatar
RC14 RC14 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,149
Thank you for that rundown Orlando.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18409  
Old Posted Jul 31, 2024, 12:41 AM
Rileybo's Avatar
Rileybo Rileybo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 390
It seems like for every 10 proposals in SLC, only 1 gets built after 2-4 downgrades.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18410  
Old Posted Jul 31, 2024, 8:26 PM
Viperlord's Avatar
Viperlord Viperlord is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,900
FYI:
I would add the Cascade at City Creek to the list of proposed towers. Also, probably the parcel east of Harmons that City Creek Reserve owns. I could see the church pushing those two towers to be completed for the Olympics.

Also, I can confirm that today my firm has been contacted by a developer about a new condominium project on the Regent Street Hotel parcel. I can't state who my client is, but they have asked us to be part of their team, and will be sending us updated architectural plans of the project when the architect has them finished in a few weeks.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18411  
Old Posted Jul 31, 2024, 9:16 PM
Atlas's Avatar
Atlas Atlas is offline
Space Magi
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
FYI:
Also, I can confirm that today my firm has been contacted by a developer about a new condominium project on the Regent Street Hotel parcel. I can't state who my client is, but they have asked us to be part of their team, and will be sending us updated architectural plans of the project when the architect has them finished in a few weeks.
Great news, especially if it's condos! I know that Dakota Pacific sold the parcel not too long ago.

I wonder how it will interface with Plum Alley and the west wall of Astra.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18412  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 12:04 AM
mstar mstar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 179
Maybe we will start to see more condos being proposed and built now that the apartment inventory is much higher than it has ever been. I hope so anyway.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18413  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 1:42 AM
RC14's Avatar
RC14 RC14 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
I can't state who my client is, but they have asked us to be part of their team, and will be sending us updated architectural plans of the project when the architect has them finished in a few weeks.
It's Carl's Jr isn't it?

JK, this is awesome news!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18414  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 5:07 AM
Paniolo Man's Avatar
Paniolo Man Paniolo Man is offline
Lahaina Strong
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Murray, Utah.
Posts: 832
Well discussed topic, but I hadn't seen these slides from The U about the City Centre acquisition yet:



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18415  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 7:45 PM
Atlas's Avatar
Atlas Atlas is offline
Space Magi
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,008
Good to see that the University is seemingly holding on to its land in the Rio Grande District.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18416  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 10:07 PM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,639
This was posted in City Discussion and I thought I'd share because it really goes to show how much of downtown is still parking. Could be worse, tho!



And the parking map for SLC:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18417  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 11:23 PM
skizzo skizzo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 128
I really like that Theater Tower and hope it actually gets built

Any news on its status?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18418  
Old Posted Aug 2, 2024, 1:05 AM
MountainSkyline MountainSkyline is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Wasatch Front
Posts: 182
You Can Only Dream

Imagine something along these lines for the new "Urban IHC Hospital"
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]


I used to frequent this building in Groningen Netherlands
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18419  
Old Posted Aug 2, 2024, 1:28 AM
MountainSkyline MountainSkyline is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Wasatch Front
Posts: 182
Main Street Pedestrian Plaza Renderings

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18420  
Old Posted Aug 2, 2024, 1:54 AM
Rileybo's Avatar
Rileybo Rileybo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainSkyline View Post
Imagine something along these lines for the new "Urban IHC Hospital"
Nah, I can’t wait to have one of these built downtown.

Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:31 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.