HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
CUPE is ground zero for the virtue signaller extraordinaire.
No kidding.

CUPE, like the NDP, has gone from representing worker's rights and advancing social equity to a lesbian immigrants of colour political platform. The NDP in particular has all but lost the low-middle income working class vote as they have turned their back on them in favour of virtue signaling. The NDP should be at the forefront of stopping immigration as these immigrants take jobs from Canadian workers, lower wages, and suppress union membership drives as these TFW will not do anything to upset their employers lest they lose their visas.

The NDP has abandoned it's worker base and now the workers are abandoning the NDP. This is why the NDP is slowly but surely drifting into irrelevance and it's a fate they justly deserve.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcasey25raptor View Post
This country is fucked when Pierre Polio comes to office.
Him like all Conservatives are evil and care not for the vulnerable and only care about the rich and privileged.
Of course he’s evil, everyone already acknowledges that the point of the 2025 election will be to vote for the lesser evil

PP if elected will likely slow down JT’s pet Scheme of Wage Depression and Great Landlord Enrichment, or at least that’s what he’s saying, so the “rich and privileged” should instead root for the LPC to continue their “good” work after 2025.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 7:15 PM

^^That's like saying working-class Americans should vote GOP because Trump claims to represent their interests, party platform - or even any semblance of a plan - be damned

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleung View Post
^^That's like saying working-class Americans should vote GOP because Trump claims to represent their interests, party platform - or even any semblance of a plan - be damned
You really think the current JT Liberals are better for the working and middle classes than PP would be?!?

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
You really think the current JT Liberals are better for the working and middle classes than PP would be?!?
PP will scrap dental, pharma and childcare plans - these all benefit working class.

Tax cuts for the wealthy in hopes of trickle down that NEVER do.

But I guess I'll have affordable rent and cheap housing thanks to Pierre.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshsparrow View Post
PP will scrap dental, pharma and childcare plans - these all benefit working class.

This.

He's also opposed to trans rights and LGBT rights which directly effect me. The Man puts my entire life and existence at risk, and why? To appease the worst people in this country for their vote?

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshsparrow View Post

A lot of people (most) would rather have a roof over their head than a dental or pharma plan.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 8:00 PM

Quote:
This.

He's also opposed to trans rights and LGBT rights which directly effect me. The Man puts my entire life and existence at risk, and why? To appease the worst people in this country for their vote?
Which rights have they said they will take away or do you predict being taken away ?

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acottawa View Post
Visa processors are PSAC.
Are they? I thought most of it was farmed out to the private sector nowadays.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 8:11 PM
video et taceo

It doesn't bother me if someone has such strong views on this or that policy area that some parties or leaders are just totally unacceptable.

Parliamentary democracy still works in a polity where each individual voter dreams of a one-party state. It's just that every election will mean that some of them have to eat shit.

It's good to talk about politics and take a detached view, we couldn't have this thread if we were each always campaigning. But there are issues where people will feel that the line between good and evil actually does fall cleanly between two political parties.

It all still works with this. Only stops when you start seeing roadblocks set up, people disappearing.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWetal View Post
Which rights have they said they will take away or do you predict being taken away ?
He wants to ban me from accessing public bathrooms/womens spaces despite being fully post operative

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poi...ooms-1.7120972

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 8:22 PM

Just make sure you don’t look too much like a guy and you’ll be totally fine.

And if most of your fellow humans immediately identify you as a man, well, then that’s that; the only solution would be unisex bathrooms everywhere, and I’m not sure most women would be for that. (The other, more reasonable solution in this case would be to stay positive and keep working on yourself until you pass more.)

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 8:33 PM
video et taceo

But I am guessing she wants the right, like the codified right, and two of the three large parties are prepared to give it and one isn't, so it's a big election on that level for this issue. And it is. Some people are going to get what they want and others aren't.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 8:36 PM

Are there any laws at the moment banning men from using womens washrooms, and vice versa? I always assumed it was up to the building owner, and just simple common sense.

Same for sports ... it should really be up to the sports league how they want to handle it, and then have the rules made clear to all interested in participating in the league. Don't see why the government needs to get involved..

Federal government owns plenty of federal buildings, so for those buildings they can have a say I guess.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 9:10 PM

Quote:
This.

There is a lot of drama around PP. He is all about outage and finger pointing. He simply can't be trusted.

Past conservative government focused on the economy. He could have done the same, chose to leave LGBT and the liberal progressive agenda alone. He could have chosen to leave the environmental agenda alone. Instead he wants to be outranged by those things, claim the country is broken so he has a problem to solve.

He simply can't be trusted in office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
A lot of people (most) would rather have a roof over their head than a dental or pharma plan.
That assume we have to chose.

If we are saying the choice during the next election is (1) a home for every Canadian or (2) dental, pharma, child care then that is an interesting commitment, that is an interesting campaign promise form the conservatives.

Even the conservates are not going to make that kind of commitment. They are going to make some silly argument that they will "create the correct conditions" for the private sector to step in and build homes. Most of us know that is nonsense. The private sector will find the most expedient way to make money with the resources they have available. If that results in the creation of homes so bit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Build.It View Post
Are there any laws at the moment banning men from using womens washrooms, and vice versa? I always assumed it was up to the building owner, and just simple common sense.

Same for sports ... it should really be up to the sports league how they want to handle it, and then have the rules made clear to all interested in participating in the league. Don't see why the government needs to get involved..

Federal government owns plenty of federal buildings, so for those buildings they can have a say I guess.
Has the current government passed any laws on washroom use? I don't think so. The feds also have a limited sphere of influence when it comes to things like these. The number of employers and business that operate under federal labour and safety rules is around 10% of the economy. Banks, telecom companies, the nuclear industry, railways, airlines etc. Most other business are under provincial rules. Come to think of it, most washrooms on airplanes or trains are unisex.

This is the conservatives wanting to scare conservatives about the progressive agenda and how they want to return Canada to traditional values.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
This is the conservatives wanting to scare conservatives about the progressive agenda and how they want to return Canada to traditional values.
I actually think a great deal of it is the Liberals trying to scare voters about what the Conservatives might do.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny24 View Post
I actually think a great deal of it is the Liberals trying to scare voters about what the Conservatives might do.
Yup, like Soldiers in the streets except most of our Forces are retiring.Just like the PMO designed it.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 11:38 PM

Quote:
The equivalent for the Liberals would be to bring up abortion. Perhaps they are waiting until the actual election to drive that wedge.

I think we know it is highly unlikely the Conservatives would go there given just how divisive it is internally. It is a difficult issue for them to try to tackle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartguard View Post
Yup, like Soldiers in the streets except most of our Forces are retiring.Just like the PMO designed it.
As for soldiers in the streets, it is interesting to know that did not happen during the Ottawa occupation. It did happen in Oka.

As for the military in general. The conservatives have a reputation for being pro-military. Perhaps they are pro-military in spirit, they are not pro-military when it comes time to write a cheque.

I have never served in uniform, so the only thing I have to go by is the media reports. It sounds like there have been some long standing cultural issues that are just now starting to be brought into the open and addressed. Not clear having the conservative leader calling for a more "warrior" like culture and less "wokeness" is all that productive to solving those issues.

Last edited by casper; Jul 29, 2024 at 11:50 PM.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 11:40 PM

Quote:
It used to work pretty well but this time the prospect of the JT Liberals continuing to be in charge has become so scary to most Canadians that even the worst assumptions about the Tories aren't even that scary in comparison!

Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
The equivalent for the Liberals would be to bring up abortion. Perhaps they are waiting until the actual election to drive that wedge.
The Trudeau Liberals have been trying to scaremonger and drive the wedge with abortion since their poll numbers dropped, except the Canadian electorate doesn't buy it anymore.

Just in May in the Toronto Star:

Justin Trudeau says Canada’s conservative leaders threaten abortion rights
https://www.thestar.com/politics/fed...3f83ba802.html

while at the same time...

Trudeau government not planning to legislate further protection for abortion rights, health minister says
https://www.thestar.com/politics/tru...4b3c84b1f.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada