Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude
Best wishes to Mc and SHH. Appreciate how you keep this thread colourful.
Flar, I'd love to fish by boat that area. I find fishing in barren landcapes too boring. Need some visual stimuli. This would fit the bill.
St. Clair has some tanks in there. For musky and channel cats based on what I've heard and my BIL who would fish it every year. Don't know if that cat is 5lbs though. Hard to tell based on the very limited point of reference. No idea how big that net is for example.
I've only fished for channel cats near the end of the Grand in Dunnville and Byng Island CA in the same town. Did it once. Didn't catch the monsters in the Grand after the brief time trying, but did catch some up to 2 lbs at the CA in the pond.
We lend on properties in Sarnia and Windsor and I want that portfolio next year so I can hit all the towns down there I've never been to but also bring my inflatable with me and try a couple of spots in scenery I haven't tried before. There's something similar to what you posted in upstate NY I tried once. Was an interesting experience..
|
It's a bad picture of the catfish because I didn't want to handle it, very slimy with spikes on the back of the head. It's a 36" or 42" net from my buddy's boat, he fishes Lake St. Clair a lot and you need to be prepared to bring in muskie and pike. Of course there are much bigger catfish out there, bullheads as well as channel cats. We caught the catfish from the dock, in the muddy creek shown in the pics. Ideally you want a boat to get out into the blue water. If you ever get a chance to go out, shoot me a PM and I'll send coordinates for good perch fishing.