HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:12 AM

St Mary's Rd. overpass, they are aiming to have the bridge open at the end of August

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Transport Canada list 4-7 trains per day on the Emerson Sub crossings inventory. 4 at PTH 100. So maybe 2 trains going in and out per day.

The 2 CPKC lines on the Noth Perimeter. I mentioned this recently in conjunction with out rail relocation talks.

About 8 years ago, the Province had and RFP to combine the 2 tracks into one. Because as you guys have noted, there is minimal traffic on both lines. They were looking for routes to get the Winnipeg Beach Sub over to the Arborg Sub. This would make only one crossing of 101. and remove a bunch of track and rial crossing through the area.

The RFP was cancelled and didnt proceed. This could be picked up again if they actually went ahead with a rail relocation study or just wanted to remove that crossing. It would cost as much to move that track as it would for an overpass. So pick your poison.
That should be reconsidered. The CP Arborg and Riverton Subdivision start at almost the same place, and CP Riverton has more usage. I think that either Richardson Pioneer should be either moved to the CP Mainline (Carberry Subdivision) or to the CP Riverton, and remove CP Arborg completely.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:53 PM

I was just posting on here a while back wondering what they were doing on the perimeter highway this summer. Just in case anyone missed this article! It answers all my questions ha ha

https://news.gov.mb.ca/news/index.ht...ted=2024-07-19

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan