HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 5:38 PM

Bummed my right knee a couple of weeks ago so haven’t been “around” much. Was out for a little test 10 mile walk/run and saw 2 Waymos at an Electrify America near the Ansley Park mall and the 2 drivers standing there. So I stop and stuck MY BIG nose in their business. Got some juicy bits of info too. The drivers are Waymo employees from Calf. Said they started with 15 cars here and have added a few. So there are over 15 still here. Said they HD Map and test L4 drive (in driver’s seat) every day. I asked if ATL was going to be on of Waymo’s next expansions and one said “can’t say but” [paraphrase] it would look like that is happening.

Also then saw another in Midtown on West Peachtree St.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 9:19 PM

Been seeing those Jags almost daily around Midtown. A little glimpse of the future

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
Been seeing those Jags almost daily around Midtown. A little glimpse of the future
Yeah I keep seeing them. Have a friend who believed there were only a couple at most but I keep seeing them over and over and over and..... Now knowing there are over 15 explains why I keep seeing them.

Here is just yesterday and Tuesday. Hope we have active service before the World Cup.

So far it is active in San Fransisco and Phoenix with testing in LA and Austin. Hope ATL is number 5.

I'm signed up on the Waymo app for free test rides if/when then they start.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta