HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:37 PM

That's why the loop is being closed. To get a proper accelration lane would require that large retaining all to be moved. So the cheapest is to close the loop and install WB left turn on Portage Ave to access the ramp.

There's so many ideas to float bout. But the City has made their mind up on the shitty 6 lanes stroad option.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:56 PM
There is always a way

It also doesn't help that basically everyone chooses to stop instead of trying to merge on that thing. Another option would be to lengthen the loop. Or reconfigure the north side of the street a bit to make cars join southbound a little further. Honestly, how bad would it be if people wanting to go south on Kenaston had to go from Ness?
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:02 PM

Edit: Sorry I was thinking of the ramp from EB portage to SB Route 90. You can't see shit coming down that ramp. The loop has lots of room. But I think they want to get rid of the merge there. To make it like a freeway with proper merge lanes lol the whole thing makes no sense to me.

Old Posted Today, 1:37 AM

It's rather unbelievable that the loop was designed like that in the first place. I actually went on to Google maps last night to see if I was exaggerating.

The idea of having absolutely no space to merge properly on to Kenaston ( which I believe is 60-70km/h), from the loop, which is probably max 30-40 km/h, is insane. What was the City thinking?

Old Posted Today, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
It also doesn't help that basically everyone chooses to stop instead of trying to merge on that thing.
lol...not the least surprised. There are people in Calgary and Edmonton, with their superior infrastructure, and numerous freeways, that do not know that one is supposed to speed up when merging. With Winnipeg, where there are no freeways, it must be a pain seeing so many slow down when exiting the off ramp from one of our few overpasses.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan