HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jul 20, 2024, 4:00 AM
disneypilled verhoevenist

it's been a minute since i've been in vancouver - i used to hear that there was a crane shortage in north america, i guess that's where they went.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:44 PM

A visual of the main clusters in Vancouver:

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:52 PM
Volatile Pacivist

^ Very interesting! Looks like the only one not on a Skytrain route is N. Vancouver, although the Seabus probably makes up for it.

The other thing that stands out is that I can't think of any notable, secondary skylines within Vancouver proper. Broadway is going in that direction with the new subway but it's arguable how separate it actually is from Downtown.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:10 PM
be nice to the crackheads

^ The Cambie and 41st (central Vancouver) area will have a noticeable skyline in a couple of years. There's a smaller one forming along Marine Drive as well (South Vancouver)

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:39 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
^ The Cambie and 41st (central Vancouver) area will have a noticeable skyline in a couple of years. There's a smaller one forming along Marine Drive as well (South Vancouver)
Oh yes the mall redevelopment. That should be interesting. I'm less familiar with the Marine Drive one tho.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:04 PM
be nice to the crackheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
Oh yes the mall redevelopment. That should be interesting. I'm less familiar with the Marine Drive one tho.
It's at the end of Cambie Street. There are 5 high rises there currently with another five under construction, and another dozen or so on the way. Most will be centred around Marine Gateway Station.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:55 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
It's at the end of Cambie Street. There are 5 high rises there currently with another five under construction, and another dozen or so on the way. Most will be centred around Marine Gateway Station.
Oh good to know. Hopefully it all turns out well.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions