HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #30  
Old Posted Jul 22, 2024, 8:40 PM
ScreamingViking's Avatar
ScreamingViking ScreamingViking is offline
Ham-burgher
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 7,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronamut View Post
It's also infected the toronto forums it seems.. I got called "scum" yesterday for focusing on the issues over there..
I've been lurking there, and read that. It was harsh.

There are strong opinions about what to do about this problem, but given how society-wide it is, cities (and developers) are limited in what they can do. And I think we need a more polite (but frank) conversation about it.

Once the arena is redone, I think the increased activity will lead to lower issues of homelessness and vagrancy that are especially pervasive in that part of downtown. The activity will not solve the underlying problem though, and it will probably just move elsewhere. (gawd forbid that it moves to one of the "suburban" cores though... that would be an anathema)
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:19 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.