HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:22 PM

Damn, Tony!

We'll miss you.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:23 PM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
204 units for 52nd Street incoming:

Hopefully this is a sign that the revitalization of 52nd Street will commence soon. I could see 52nd Street between Market and Baltimore being one of the city's coolest streets one day, similar to what Frankford Avenue in Fishtown was 10 years ago. I have the same feeling about Chelten Avenue through Germantown.
This is actually the back part of the lot for the project that went to CDR recently, which thankfully includes one of the biggest chunks of affordable units (41) of any development in the city

204-unit apartment complex proposed in West Philly includes affordable housing
https://www.phillyvoice.com/west-phi...52nd-chestnut/
May 24, 2024

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
Updates on three projects at the Old City/NoLibs border - this area needs some traffic calming/pedestrian improvements, too

Lotus Lofts Signals Change for Pocket of Old City
https://jackphillyre.substack.com/p/...nge-for-pocket
July 19, 2024

They really need to do something about the 676/95 interchange. Sending everyone out onto the local roads there doesn't make sense.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:37 PM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
They really need to do something about the 676/95 interchange. Sending everyone out onto the local roads there doesn't make sense.
Funny, there are plans that are now nearly a decade old that were supposed to deal with exactly that issue. In a turn of events that would surprise absolutely no one, things are still exactly the same as before.

PHS has bold plans to redo base of Ben Franklin Bridge
https://whyy.org/articles/phs-has-bo...anklin-bridge/
Plan Philly, Jim Saska, 3/23/2015

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Well you guys, I have some good & bad news.

Ill start with the good, I love yall, & I appreciate the support you all have given me with my work the past couple years, I have been building, learning & growing everyday, every month & every year in the city of Philly, my family were born & raised here & so was I.

I love Philly & it will always remain in my heart but I’m sorry to say im making a change & that change involves moving on.

I am moving to Atlanta, & while I wont be here in person, ill be here in discussion & visits.

The good news however is that im not leaving the forum, ill still be here sharing & talking about Philly. Ill also just be more heavily intune with the Atlanta & South Threads.

I love this forum & cant wait to add on another city & more work to the history.

-Tony V
Congratulations to you, Tony. Your drone photos are awesome. But your perspective on all-things-Philadelphia might be even better. By living in Atlanta, your perspective will only grow sharper, so I look forward to your future musings on this forum. I am sure you are going to find plenty of things you like better in Atlanta, but also a load of things you'll miss from around here. Best of luck with the move.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
Funny, there are plans that are now nearly a decade old that were supposed to deal with exactly that issue. In a turn of events that would surprise absolutely no one, things are still exactly the same as before.
Sigh. I remember that now. Pretty maddening. Could have also had a hotel at 5th and race too. Glad to see some better quality now though.

https://hiddencityphila.org/2016/01/...weet-farewell/

Congratulations Tony, I'll miss your photo updates and contributions. Wish you the best in Atlanta!

Old Posted Today, 2:05 PM

Congrats, Tony. This city will sorely miss you.

Old Posted Today, 2:56 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Hey everyone! Thank you all for the kind words & praise. I never realized how much of an impact I had on the Philly Thread. I’m in the middle of the move right now, so as soon as I get a chance ill tune back in !

Old Posted Today, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
Sigh. I remember that now. Pretty maddening. Could have also had a hotel at 5th and race too. Glad to see some better quality now though.

https://hiddencityphila.org/2016/01/...weet-farewell/

Congratulations Tony, I'll miss your photo updates and contributions. Wish you the best in Atlanta!
Ugh. This kills me. A hotel/venue there would have been transformative. The residential they put up is fine, I guess, but that hotel would have been amazing. What a miss.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development