HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jul 8, 2024, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketsWork View Post
I think this is going to be a nice looking building. The diagonal corner column creates an inviting open space that is visually appealing from the street level. This is the residential tower, isn't it?
Correct. Here is the rendering from the same viewpoint.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
The land development permit for 88 Elliott Street is now "ready to issue".

When are they going to break ground on these homes?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 4:17 PM

Hopefully there is a supermarket that's going to be one of the tenants here. The nearest one is Walmart, but that's like a 1.5-mile walk each way.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labtec View Post
Hopefully there is a supermarket that's going to be one of the tenants here. The nearest one is Walmart, but that's like a 1.5-mile walk each way.
I want a grocery store so bad in one of these CY buildings. NewPort had one planned before their plans imploded, and much as i may admire what the Tech Village team is trying to do there, idk if they have the plans for something like that.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2024, 3:57 PM

No grocery stores yet probably due to the same reason Walgreens at five points closed. "Shrinkage" or the perception.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2024, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlnative73 View Post
No grocery stores yet probably due to the same reason Walgreens at five points closed. "Shrinkage" or the perception.
Sadly the shrinkage and general disregard is real. I know a lot of people think its all a big conspiracy by the large corporations, but people treated that walgreens like shit. Literally. I started attending GSU last year, and saw people openly defecating on that walgreens twice. I actually witnessed it and saw the results. Several times i walked by and noticed the windows cracked from someone either throwing something at them or bashing it. Inside the store kids and adults stealing very casually. Its crazy because GSU police precinct is right there and you see them patrolling around semi regularly.

Anyways, its obvious why they're leaving, but im very sad to see them go. I want so badly for downtown to be a convenient, livable place, but it can be quite dystopic at times.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:26 PM

I stayed at the Omni hotel last night. Sad to see the CNn newsroom empty.

I’m excited to see the entertainment district has started construction. They are removing soil from the gultch parking lot. The corner of the CNn deck that will be demolished is roped off. The first 6 floors of the hotel building next door has glass curtain wall already installed. Great progress.

Also, I ate at new relm brewery last night. The skyline was barely visible with all the new high rises in the area of ponce city market. What a transformation.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner_Terminus View Post
I want a grocery store so bad in one of these CY buildings. NewPort had one planned before their plans imploded, and much as i may admire what the Tech Village team is trying to do there, idk if they have the plans for something like that.
A bodega would go well before a full scale supermarket

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackiejamieson View Post
A bodega would go well before a full scale supermarket
I wish i could shotgun blast 100 bodegas throughout the city. I do think a bodega would be great in the gulch development, but once they start hopefully building a ton of rental units, they really are going to need a full-fledged, walk-able grocery store in downtown.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:26 PM

NYC has a population density of 29K/sqmi while Atlanta is a pitiful 671. Even Midtown Atlanta is only at 8K/sqmi. You need VASTLY more people to support what any of you are talking about in terms of grocery stores/bodegas. PLEASE, for the love of God, put some common sense into your wishes. If you did that, we might actually start moving in a positive direction for the city as a whole. The Entire CIM development won't move the needle much on population and population density. Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic development and a big boost to Downtown as a whole, but we need like 5 more of these Downtown.

Old Posted Today, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuserbuckhead View Post
NYC has a population density of 29K/sqmi while Atlanta is a pitiful 671. Even Midtown Atlanta is only at 8K/sqmi. You need VASTLY more people to support what any of you are talking about in terms of grocery stores/bodegas. PLEASE, for the love of God, put some common sense into your wishes. If you did that, we might actually start moving in a positive direction for the city as a whole. The Entire CIM development won't move the needle much on population and population density. Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic development and a big boost to Downtown as a whole, but we need like 5 more of these Downtown.
As of 2023, Atlanta's population density was 3,685.45 people per square mile I haven't seen any updated information about the density of midtown but in 2011 it had a density of more than 11,000 people per square mile it has to be much higher than that by now

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta