HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jun 28, 2024, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTed View Post

I believe that the FirstOntario deal was a total of $3.5 million over ten years (as compared to $800 million over twenty years for Scotiabank Arena). I imagine that the new deal should comfortably top the old one, but let's seewhat happens and if the new numbers get disclosed.
I should hope they get more. Labatts reportedly paid upwards of $5million for the first 10 years in London, and I've seen it went up about 28% for the second 10 years that ended 2 years ago. No idea what the current deal pays though.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:50 PM

Well we could always use another Tim Hortons location. The Donut Bowl. Or perhaps another TD Gardens or in a cruel twist of fate Air Canada jumps back in the arena game and we have a new Air Canada Centre / ACC (the Terminal, or Terminal 2), with convenient bus connections to Terminal 1.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:40 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by King&James View Post
Well we could always use another Tim Hortons location. The Donut Bowl. Or perhaps another TD Gardens or in a cruel twist of fate Air Canada jumps back in the arena game and we have a new Air Canada Centre / ACC (the Terminal, or Terminal 2), with convenient bus connections to Terminal 1.
WestJet naming rights would be an even bigger twist.

Bonus being they'd probably pull out of the deal early and give arena ownership an opportunity to aim for more money from someone else.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:59 PM

But what kind of reputable company is going to want their branding right across the street from the Good Shepherd shelter? Let's face it, even on a good day, it's nothing short of a shitshow down there. TD Canada Trust is not going to want their logo in the same picture of that chaotic scene.

I suspect some powerful people are going to be pushing for that shelter (and The Hub) to close down or relocate within the next year.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestMaple View Post
But what kind of reputable company...
He says after the likes of Airlines and Banks are talked about lol

Old Posted Today, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestMaple View Post
But what kind of reputable company is going to want their branding right across the street from the Good Shepherd shelter? Let's face it, even on a good day, it's nothing short of a shitshow down there. TD Canada Trust is not going to want their logo in the same picture of that chaotic scene.

I suspect some powerful people are going to be pushing for that shelter (and The Hub) to close down or relocate within the next year.
It's kind of sad to mix the hope that a renovated arena and newer condo buildings bring with the on-the-ground reality. More big-name concerts will mean more out-of-town visitors coming and getting grossed out.

Old Posted Today, 2:33 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTed View Post
will mean more out-of-town visitors coming and getting grossed out.
Hamilton is so uncommon in this respect.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton