HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted May 28, 2024, 2:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuronZephyr View Post
The innovation is not the thing I have a problem with. It's that so much housing being built in London is not affordable.
Fair point, but that is not a Sifton problem, as DJ mentions that needs to happen from a much higher level. Housing all over is becoming unaffordable, I live in the Riverbend area for reference however I purchased 10+ years ago (and even then it was at the top of my budget). There is zero chance I would be able to afford the same house I am in on the market today (granted the bank would surely lend me the money which is a difference conversation entirely).

My point initially was these types of innovations and forward thinking are good, they hopefully spur other developers to consider similar amenities and making communities within new neighborhoods. I would love the ability for all levels of housing to have things within walking distance, that in time helps remove vehicle traffic and promotes a more healthy lifestyle.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2024, 12:26 PM

They have landed the the 7th floor precast concrete floor slabs in the 8s Candela building. Up next will be forming for the 7th floor elevator/stairwell shaft walls and installing the structural steel posts for the 7th and 8th floor.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2024, 7:07 PM

They have landed the 8th floor precast concrete floor slabs now in the Candela 8s building. Up next will be forming the elevator/stairwell concrete walls for the 8th floor. The 6s Specktra building continues to get exterior brick installed.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates