HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 25, 2024, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRyan View Post
I was looking at some aerials of Allentown and couldn't help but notice how there was an inordinate amount of green roofs that have been installed on many downtown buildings. Is there some kind of incentive that the city has in place to encourage installation of green roofs?
https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/lehig...cb6eecc70.html

"Their job is to capture rainwater and keep it from running into the storm water system. But that's just the main purpose. They also protect the roof itself, and keep it cooler, thus lowering energy costs a bit."

Old Posted Jun 26, 2024, 12:25 AM

I know what the purpose of a green roof is, I was just wondering how they became so common and if the city was offering incentives to encourage building owners to install them. It's rare for a city of this size to have as many as it does downtown.

Des Moines' development discussion forum, project updates, and photo gallery page.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2024, 3:52 PM

I don't know, I think the city either gives an incentive or the owners want to get a better LEED certification

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations