HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Two Gilmore Place in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Burnaby Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 3:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr1886 View Post
Received today "Your home at Gilmore Place Tower 2 is almost ready! ... We are currently preparing for early June pre-delivery inspections."
There was this for Tower 2.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 3:54 PM

I know. I got that e-mail and that is why I asked the question.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 5:35 PM

Has anyone heard anything more about tower 1 completion and move in dates, given June 15 is this Saturday?

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 8:59 PM

I just received a walkthrough invitation email from Onni for my 11th floor unit in Tower 2. Dates span from Monday, June 17th to Friday, June 21st.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2024, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchPowa View Post
I just received a walkthrough invitation email from Onni for my 11th floor unit in Tower 2. Dates span from Monday, June 17th to Friday, June 21st.
Looking forward to hearing how that goes and if they give you any indication as to a move-in date. I wonder how many floors they do in a week?

Old Posted Jun 16, 2024, 12:10 AM

Today's the day that the suspected move in date of Tower 1, anyone seen any activity? @RabidMoose?

Old Posted Jun 16, 2024, 3:37 PM

I notice that the Craigslist ad for the Tower 1 unit for rent has now changed from Available June 15th to Available Now.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2024, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilmorePete View Post
I notice that the Craigslist ad for the Tower 1 unit for rent has now changed from Available June 15th to Available Now.
I'm just going to go on a limb here, take a wild stab in the dark and guess that maybe it's because it's June 16th today?

Old Posted Jun 17, 2024, 7:14 AM

Please let us know how it goes!

Old Posted Jun 17, 2024, 1:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spr0ckets View Post
I'm just going to go on a limb here, take a wild stab in the dark and guess that maybe it's because it's June 16th today?

HaHa. Very funny, but missing the point. It is not clear if Tower 1 is available for occupancy or if anyone has actually moved in, yet the Craigslist ad has changed to indicate that it is now available. Is this true or just wishful thinking?

Old Posted Jun 17, 2024, 5:11 PM

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced Tower 1 completion date to be after July 15.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowhou View Post
Today's the day that the suspected move in date of Tower 1, anyone seen any activity? @RabidMoose?
I took a look this afternoon and didn't see any non-construction workers around. The fire department connections are still behind fencing.... Maybe they worked out an arrangement with the fire department as a temporary measure.

I did find this gas meter enclosure 'room' quite interesting at the northwest corner. Fortis usually needs these outdoors due to gas venting but they somehow designed it to be inside.

I didn't get a picture but I thought it was interesting that the pedestrian sidewalk area was a mixture of bricks (nice!), concrete (standard), and asphalt (wtf?). Not unlike Akimbo around the block where they've totally f'd up the sidewalk with asphalt and seemingly gave up on it.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 1:57 AM

Asphalt is probably for bike lane. Which is what you want. Is not for bikes - then its totally ridiculous

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
Asphalt is probably for bike lane. Which is what you want. Is not for bikes - then its totally ridiculous
I took these photos last week, funny enough the bike lane has speed bumps as it begins to end!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 7:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowhou View Post
I took these photos last week, funny enough the bike lane has speed bumps as it begins to end!
Oooh okay that makes much more sense.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 9:40 PM

Does anyone have pictures or updates for Tower 2 walkthroughs?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 12:36 AM

I just finished the walkthrough of my unit in Tower 2 Floor 11. The unit looked essentially the same as JaydenKool's unit which was shared in page 108 of this thread.

My unit is facing southeast and I noted that I could not hear any outside noise (Skytrain, traffic, etc.) from inside the unit for the entire duration of the walkthrough (1 hour). I could not hear outside noises even when the inside of the unit was quiet. However, I definitely could hear the Skytrain while out on the patio.

I brought a property inspector who has inspected over 100 condo units and he noted no functional issues. There were a few minor cosmetic issues such as uneven wall panels or 1mm cracks in the ceiling. His overall impression is that the build quality is some of the best he has seen, though he couldn't evaluate everything because for example the AC was not set up yet.

From my understanding, any deficiencies that are identified within a year of possession can be fixed by Onni without cost to the owner so that should provide some level of reassurance for new or undetected defects.

Last edited by SuchPowa; Jun 21, 2024 at 5:56 AM.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 7:34 AM

Quote:
I just finished the walkthrough of my unit in Tower 2 Floor 11. The unit looked essentially the same as JaydenKool's unit which was shared in page 108 of this thread.

My unit is facing southeast and I noted that I could not hear any outside noise (Skytrain, traffic, etc.) from inside the unit for the entire duration of the walkthrough (1 hour). I could not hear outside noises even when the inside of the unit was quiet. However, I definitely could hear the Skytrain while out on the patio.

I brought a property inspector who has inspected over 100 condo units and he noted no functional issues. There were a few minor cosmetic issues such as uneven wall panels or 1mm cracks in the ceiling. His overall impression is that the build quality is some of the best he has seen, though he couldn't evaluate everything because for example the AC was not set up yet.

From my understanding, any deficiencies that are identified within a year of possession can be fixed by Onni without cost to the owner so that should provide some level of reassurance for new or undetected defects.
Are you able to post contact information for the inspector you used? What was the cost of the inspection?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 1:13 PM

Quote:
Did they give you any indication as to a potential move in date?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Foober View Post
Are you able to post contact information for the inspector you used? What was the cost of the inspection?
This is their website: https://corepropertyinspections.ca/
The cost was $450 plus GST so $472.50

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley