HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted May 29, 2024, 1:19 PM

The apartment building now has glass installed on the floor above the main level.

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 6:46 PM

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 9:04 PM

Some new renderings from "Discover Atlanta"

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 3:15 AM

It looks like they tweaked the design of the entertainment venue and removed the green roof?

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 6:35 PM

No sign of activity yet (that I saw today) to the east or north west. But even if the hotel was to get Dewberryed at least it is completely above grade now and rising up.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 5:56 PM

New renderings of CY in the AJC today, if anyone cares to post them.
Looks amazing - only if I knew who to post them. lol

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
New renderings of CY in the AJC today, if anyone cares to post them.
Looks amazing - only if I knew who to post them. lol
They do look nice. The thing i find interesting about it all, however, is that upon looking back at the initial conceptual renderings, there is no indication of an 'entertainment district' as we see now. Its rows of neat 8-12 story buildings on a perfect grid. The entertainment district doesn't quite line up with the initial layout, which was an extension of the fairly poplar district. To my eye, it appears that the future of CY will be much larger blocks, with less through streets and buildings more akin to large footprint, rectangular midrises we have sprouting up all over midtown.

I'm still very excited for this development and the fact that its actually, really happening, but that excitement has been tempered with the reality of the economic situation.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 7:39 PM

Here is the initial conceptual rendering. You can actually see what appears to be the entertainment district circled in red. The big differences are a street running along the train tracks, the site being extended northeast into B1 and B4, 3 buildings instead of 4 and trading out street connectivity for pedestrian plaza/walkway.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 11:19 PM

Nice

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Jun 21, 2024 at 9:33 PM.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 1:13 AM

The Centennial Yards entertainment district looks next level from anything else in the Atlanta area. But I'm trying to imagine how this, "The Center" and the Home Depot Backyard development will all thrive. They're all going to have to hit on design and offerings.

Last edited by Martinman; Jun 21, 2024 at 2:23 AM. Reason: Meant to say next level

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 2:09 AM

I agree with Terminus.

I really like the new entertainment district and I think they just secured its financing. It would be brilliant to have this piece operational before the World Cup. I think there is a decent change. They've received permits from the city for 'structural work" (or sim.) so I'm hopeful we see some moment on it soon.

My biggest concern is how they'll continue the development towards Marietta St and towards Five Points station. If they restore the grid as planned and provide a nice housing mix in those blocks, I think it's a city changer. I'm concerned that they'll abandon this part of it, and that would be a lost opportunity.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 2:11 AM

edit duplicate

Last edited by AtlHeel; Jun 22, 2024 at 2:13 AM.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 12:45 PM

According to the recent disclosures to Invest Atlanta, the project's size has been cut in half - from 12 million sf at buildout to just 6 million.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
According to the recent disclosures to Invest Atlanta, the project's size has been cut in half - from 12 million sf at buildout to just 6 million.
This is the developer who gave the world LA Live, so we knew if was coming. I know it's technically not a bait and switch, but it sure feels like one. Very similar to the difference between those first renderings of Summerhill and what that development is ending up as. Developers just sell the sizzle at the beginning -- I'm sure to line up their funding -- but it sometimes feels like Kabuki smoke and mirrors. I know they'll blame commercial real estate market conditions, interest rates, blah, blah, blah -- but one would think that professionals with MBAs would present a more realistic plan at the onset rather than just getting everyone hyped up with pie-in-the-sky visions that they never really intend on trying to pull off. Snake oil salesmen? Maybe not. But more and more, some of them sure seem like over-caffeinated car salesmen.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 3:23 PM

Quote:
This is tragic.

Anyone able to link this disclosure?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 11:05 PM

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 11:52 PM

Old Posted Jun 22, 2024, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Based on the Invest Atlanta presentation, they basically just eliminated all of the office space and they were proposing a lot of it. To be honest, the amount of office space they proposed always seemed wildly optimistic to me anyway.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2024, 4:31 PM

Skyline view is starting to shape up.

Also interesting to see what happens in The Backyard. Just looking it seems to be about 2 hectares more or less.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2024, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Based on the Invest Atlanta presentation, they basically just eliminated all of the office space and they were proposing a lot of it. To be honest, the amount of office space they proposed always seemed wildly optimistic to me anyway.
This was a smart decision. Focus on residential and retail.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta