HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
you should have seen when he rolled into the room.....of course he was 20 minutes late and walzed in talking and making all kinds of noise....zero respect for anyone in the room....then sat there heckling speakers under his breath....we need term limits.
I know someone who had to work on a board with him who said he was always like this, clearly had never reviewed any of the materials and constantly asked questions that were clearly answered in the materials provided.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 3:34 PM

Talking about how these type of developments should be designed at street level. Ie: The blank wall condos in north St. B.

This is much better with the units and such right at the sidewalk. I guess people would be scared to live in such a set-up. No different than living in your house really.

http://clkapps.winnipeg.ca/DMIS/perm...40612(RM)BAC-3
Renders on page 34/35 for example.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
This is much better with the units and such right at the sidewalk. I guess people would be scared to live in such a set-up. No different than living in your house really.

http://clkapps.winnipeg.ca/DMIS/perm...40612(RM)BAC-3
Renders on page 34/35 for example.
I used to live in an apartment like that. I liked it a lot. I'm not exactly a social butterfly, but you end up chatting with your neighbours and passers-by pretty naturally.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalf View Post
I used to live in an apartment like that. I liked it a lot. I'm not exactly a social butterfly, but you end up chatting with your neighbours and passers-by pretty naturally.
i like to drink coffee & read my phone in underwear on my porch, this will be impingement on my lifestyle

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
the media should report on this, public shaming will resolve that! that type of behaviour (late, talking about others, etc) is extremely rude and unacceptable, why accept it, elected or not. if that was my work environment the meeting chair or leader of that person would address it!
With all the Lack of City Hall Checks & Balances reported in the news lately, it is high time this disheveled ways of Eadie or anyone else also become public.
Do your job or be prepared or be on the ready to be replaced.
We expect well paid elected officials to a do a professional job.
This behaviour would not be tolerated in private business.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKGUY View Post
With all the Lack of City Hall Checks & Balances reported in the news lately, it is high time this disheveled ways of Eadie or anyone else also become public.
Do your job or be prepared or be on the ready to be replaced.
We expect well paid elected officials to a do a professional job.
This behaviour would not be tolerated in private business.
In 2015, Eadie got so drunk he ended up in the Main Street Project's detox unit overnight: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...tank-1.3310379

In 2022, during an election campaign, he showed up, drunk, and threatened a rival candidate at their house in the middle of the night: https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/it-was-u...bent-1.6120261

Both incidents were reported in the media. He won re-election in 2022 with a strong plurality. Incumbency is something.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 4:31 PM

Meeting minutes are now out for the June 12 Appeals Committee meeting. 53 people registered in opposition to the appeal! Not sure if it made any difference but I like to think that it did.

https://clkapps.winnipeg.ca/DMIS/Vie...onId=&InitUrl=

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 4:33 PM

Good job team! I would think it helps when there is such a show of support.

I notice the in support crowd is much less than what was noted in the agenda.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 4:37 PM

Ring leader Paula doesn't quite understand what's going on.

The contaminated site was mentioned. There hasn't been a gas station on that property in decades for one, per her resting comment.

The units will not be 250 sq ft instead of 500 sq ft. That's just land area per unit ratio.

Parking. Won't someone please think of the cars.

The quaintness comment gets me. Paula doesn't actually live near the development. She lives down the block closer to the Seine.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 7:43 PM

How do you lead this opposition to the development and not do simple research?

The below remediation plan was approved by MB Env. & Climate Change in June of 2023.

https://manitoba.ca/sd/waste_managem...3_05_02_rp.pdf

Last edited by anthonyk; Jun 14, 2024 at 7:48 PM. Reason: correct: June, not May

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 8:07 PM
surely you agree with me

there was a freaking city councilor who came on his own time to oppose and he didnt take ten seconds to look at the submission....even the councilor who voted against was asking questions that were clearly answered in the submission.

I wish we could have a do over....browaty was so hell bent on opposing because he thinks all the business owners in the area will be opposed to the apartment building taking up street parking for them....yet all the local businesses and the biz gave letters of support...the only business owner that opposed was a restaurant owner who actually built an apartment building on his property, so clearly he isn't too worried about taking up the two hour parking spots with visitors.

browaty and orlikow completely fabricated the issue....based on nothing.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 2:59 PM

The development plan for the "Water Tower District" (the large vacant lot by Archibald and Marion) is going to Riel Community Committee on June 24.

Here's the link to the committee agenda:

And here's the link to the developers website:
https://www.olexadevelopments.com/th...tower-district

And here are some plans for the development:

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 3:01 PM

Apparently a real hurdle to Winnipeg's economic development is a lack of industrial land. Maybe this can help attract some industry especially with the proximity to rail service.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2024, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRain&Snow View Post
The development plan for the "Water Tower District" (the large vacant lot by Archibald and Marion) is going to Riel Community Committee on June 24.

Here's the link to the committee agenda:
If I’m understanding this correctly it seems like they’re asking to increase the total number of residential units from 1200 to 2000 and increase the height limit from 10 to 14 storeys. Can’t say the location sounds all that appealing to me as a place to live, but if the developer figures there’s demand then I’d say they should go for it.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2024, 10:25 PM

What a weird place for a development, but infill is infill I guess

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:56 PM

Live, work, play. Complete communities. Whatever you want to call it. This is what the city desires.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinCitySparky View Post
What a weird place for a development, but infill is infill I guess
I agree it that it's not the normal pattern of growth for Winnipeg, but it's a great spot for residential. If you consider that it's already bounded on 2 sides by residential area and way closer to the city centre than anything in the south or north ends.

Old Posted Today, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
Apparently a real hurdle to Winnipeg's economic development is a lack of industrial land. Maybe this can help attract some industry especially with the proximity to rail service.
Being "rail served" is not a requirement for most businesses anymore. If it was the warehouses in St. James would still be there as they had joint CP/CN spur trackage. Now most of the tracks are abandoned in place and the buildings have bricked up their loading doors and converted into other uses.

The businesses have moved to newer industrial parks with loading docks for container trailers to back into, and not doors in the side or back of their buildings for the standard 50 foot box cars.

Old Posted Today, 2:22 AM

Hopefully an improvement to the Archibald/Marion intersection follows a development this size so close by

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan