HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 10, 2024, 4:07 PM

According to The Source's store locator, Winnipeg (& Manitoba) are down to 4 stores: Polo Park, St Vital, Kildonan Place and Garden City.

Brandon, Grant Park and Portage Place have closed.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 7:24 PM

The Source is in some weird transition where Bell is mostly getting out of running the retail aspects of the chain. Best Buy will take over everything that is not mobile going forward.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2024, 2:32 PM

I guess I have to find my Source gift card I got from MTS a few years ago and use it where there are still stores in Winnipeg.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2024, 11:55 PM

I Was at Polo Park Today Jack & Jones Is Coming Back To Polo Park This August and Sunrise Records Is Coming To Garden City Shopping Centre In August as Well My Dad Told Me Yesterday About That

Old Posted Jun 19, 2024, 11:52 AM

Noticed Party City sign up on the old Nygard store on Kenaston(Beside Moxies). Took a couple years to fill that space. Wonder how long the Rona store will sit vacant? Also, notice the mall across Kenaston seems to be getting a major update on it's facade.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2024, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn99 View Post
Noticed Party City sign up on the old Nygard store on Kenaston(Beside Moxies). Took a couple years to fill that space. Wonder how long the Rona store will sit vacant? Also, notice the mall across Kenaston seems to be getting a major update on it's facade.
i heard old Rona was indoor Pickleball? is that not happening?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2024, 3:12 PM
What could go wrong?

That would be a lot of Pickleball courts. 8,000 sq ft will give you 4 courts.

The old Rona is roughly 85,000 sq ft. That would be like 40 courts.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 19, 2024, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
i heard old Rona was indoor Pickleball? is that not happening?
No, idea. I heard a rumour about Princess Auto but that could have been more of a wish than actual plans.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2024, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn99 View Post
No, idea. I heard a rumour about Princess Auto but that could have been more of a wish than actual plans.
Strange that the leasing agency updated their brochures and website to include the upcoming Party City, but the Rona building is still listed under Rona with no indication that it is available for lease:

https://capitalgrp.ca/wp-content/upl...Brochure-3.pdf

I wonder if they still have a while on their lease given what seemed like an unplanned exit of the Lowes brand, and SmartCentres is still collecting rent for the space.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 2:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCake View Post
Strange that the leasing agency updated their brochures and website to include the upcoming Party City, but the Rona building is still listed under Rona with no indication that it is available for lease:

https://capitalgrp.ca/wp-content/upl...Brochure-3.pdf

I wonder if they still have a while on their lease given what seemed like an unplanned exit of the Lowes brand, and SmartCentres is still collecting rent for the space.
Most of the major retailers have a "go dark clause" in their lease and also the ability to veto any possible competitors that the mall owner may find to replace them.

i.e. Rona/Lowes could veto a McMunn & Yates or a Home Hardware taking over the property lease, but would not object to a pop up Halloween or Christmas store taking over.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2024, 5:01 PM

Something Going On Former Trendy Tots And Ardene Next To Hudson Bay In Polo Park

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan