HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Feb 8, 2024, 4:13 AM

Oldest tower crane (?) in Metro Vancouver taken down last month in Maple Ridge at the Justice Institute. Been there at least 30 years and wasn't even used for anything.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2LN3xBS-CN/?img_index=10

Old Posted Today, 3:08 AM

Thank you Maddog for cleaning things up. I too have been super busy and have not had the appropriate time to work on updates and clean ups. Also, Heads up everyone I was approached by BIV looking to know more about our count and want to publish the data. I have asked they post a request to publish publicly if they do go ahead and you all can decide how you would like credit to be attributed to any story they post linked to this. I just wanted to let you all know in the spirit of transparency and this list we have would not be possible with out everyone here.

Old Posted Today, 4:12 AM

I try to keep it updated as best as possible (I'm willing to admit that includes some on foot scouting) but work has me out of town for extended periods (on the order of months).
The list has lost some of the interest it had previously here but there are still a few of us making updates. To be honest I myself have lost much of the motivation I previously had to keep this up to date.

Given how infrequently and accurately some regions are updated I feel a bit awkward having "the data" published. Do you know what type of article they are planning on making?

Old Posted Today, 6:49 PM

Never mind - I guess the Telus Garden crane was removed back in March!

Old Posted Today, 6:54 PM

I still try and update it a lot, but I'll be honest I've just gotten too busy since I first created the thing (and someone... I think Galaxy) kindly ported it into Google docs, which was a great idea.

I think the west side of the metro is pretty accurate, I get the NS, west side and downtown stuff updated very frequently, but I can't vouch for further east, especially the tri cities and non-Whalley surrey stuff.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues