HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jun 17, 2024, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Why is that? Higher taxes, more red tape?
Precisely.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:52 AM

2300 Market Street by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Floors have topped out, angled crown going up

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:01 PM

If/when anything ever happens with the PECO lot, this area will be 100% transformed.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:07 PM

The area has already drastically changed since 2018. Both Riverwalk towers, 2222 Market, 2301 JFK and this going up. I posted a comparison from Spring Garden Street Bridge on the highrise thread. But even walking around that area I get a new surrounding feeling with the new architecture and mass. This is great to see.

And I believe it's been discussed that the PECO lot can't be developed because of the substation.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:30 PM
build awesome buildings

New CDR submission: 55 units over seven stories, along with two curb cuts for the 70+ parking spaces. This is going up at the SE corner of 16th & Wash, currently low-rise industrial buildings.

https://x.com/JackPhillyRE/status/1803083386610724895

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
If/when anything ever happens with the PECO lot, this area will be 100% transformed.
Hopefully, when that happens, it has some height to it and have a residential element. That’d really wake up that entire area in terms of pedestrian traffic during non work hours.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
New CDR submission: 55 units over seven stories, along with two curb cuts for the 70+ parking spaces. This is going up at the SE corner of 16th & Wash, currently low-rise industrial buildings.

really don’t get the need to have 1.5 parking spaces per apt. There are over 5 bus lines within 10min walk of this location plus the BSL. The tweet says they need a variance? What is the variance for?

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post

Despite Kenyatta's best efforts, Washington Ave. really is filling in east of Broad. There will be a really nice stretch of mid rise buildings from 10th to 17th and then 21st to 25th. It's such a shame that there were no beautification efforts when Washington was repaved. It desperatly could use wider sidewalks and street trees and trashcans

As for the 1.5 parking spaces per apartment, there are plenty of people in Point Breeze and Graduate Hospital that would gladly pay $300 a month for covered parking like this. I know we're all urbanists on this forum but street parking in Graduate Hospital is awful. I struggled to find parking spaces after work everyday for 5 years.

OCF has 1601 Washington Ave planned as well:

https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20240312.html

Last edited by BroadandMarket; Yesterday at 5:30 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post

Floors have topped out, angled crown going up
Is there a tenant(s) booked for this yet? It's designed as a Life Sciences space if I recall.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
The area has already drastically changed since 2018. Both Riverwalk towers, 2222 Market, 2301 JFK and this going up. I posted a comparison from Spring Garden Street Bridge on the highrise thread. But even walking around that area I get a new surrounding feeling with the new architecture and mass. This is great to see.

And I believe it's been discussed that the PECO lot can't be developed because of the substation.
Absolutely - it's already incredible how it feels compared to 1998. Is the PECO lot 100% undevelopable? Seems crazy that there will always be a sad lot there, like not even a 5 story building -- or a park? Anything but that ugy shit.

Old Posted Today, 12:06 AM

There's a substation at 9th and lombard so that can't be it. There's no way they need all that space. There must be something else preventing it from selling. I think I remember hearing something about being on the hook for environmental remediation since it was a fuel storage location.

Old Posted Today, 1:04 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
There's a substation at 9th and lombard so that can't be it. There's no way they need all that space. There must be something else preventing it from selling. I think I remember hearing something about being on the hook for environmental remediation since it was a fuel storage location.
From the mid-1800s through the early 20th century it was Philadelphia Gas Works. This goes back to when gas was produced by heating coal, before natural gas became a thing.

Old Posted Today, 6:09 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

IMG_0062 by Tony Valuez, on Flickr

Lighting Upgrades anyone

Old Posted Today, 10:20 AM

Yeah, my understanding has always been that the environmental remediation on the site is prohibitively expensive. On the bright side, whenever that lot finally get developed - and I have to imagine it will one day - it'll have to be something high end, right? That may be well into the future though.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development