Cohen
We’ve emptied out a building in the Plaza District. SL Green (SLG) had 625 Madison, ours is a stone’s throw away at 655 Madison.
We’re going to see those buildings get torn down and replaced probably by a mixture of retail, hospitality, and residential. And I don’t have to tell you that all three of those uses are very desirable in the Plaza District.
I hope they could also grab 33 E 60. Having the new tower bookend those three inset old walkups would look much better than leaving that one projecting forward like that with the blank wall.
I don't mind those small buildings creating a buffer between 520, and keeping some of that New York City streetscape that everyone seems to want left untouched.
Best scenario is the three that are uniform and set back stay and receive full restorations. The one to the west that sits forward with the lousy blank wall gets bought and incorporated into the new tower lot.
I don't mind those small buildings creating a buffer between 520, and keeping some of that New York City streetscape that everyone seems to want left untouched.
If 520 Park didn't have the air rights of those buildings, wouldn't its western facade have needed to be completely windowless as it's on the lot boundary?
That would be nice. That building is —. It has a pretty small footprint, so I don’t think that it would be a supertall like Related’s planned building nearby.
I wonder if it has a lot of medical tenants with long leases though.