Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin
So impatient all of a sudden? You need to chill like how you were patient with the Gregor/Kennedy governments during the 8 lousy years. Like you said, so many tower projects are submitted to ABC during their tenure, and that reflects developer's confidence in them.
|
Us developers are applying for towers in the Broadway Plan (and I think most any other plan) that were formed and approved by former mayors and council. They are "excited" to do so because there is a rush to secure your tower's "rights" to exist before a neighbour punts you out of being able to, due to the tower limitations per block in the Broadway Plan.
Rezonings take years and the vacancy is near zero. Of course developers are apply for maximum profit where we are allowed to.
ABC this term will definitely approved these upcoming towers at Public Hearing, but I'm not sure I understand your point. When ABC releases their housing policies I will support them, because more housing = good. Until then... they're not exactly what I thought they'd be.
I thought they would be more free market in the "okay to build zones", but somehow Pete Fry has become more sensical the last 2 years. That's a twilight zone episode right there for me.