It doesn't look as ooff as I thought it would be. Still crazy tall though. I am going before the city of Wichita on February 13th for my project which will be somewhere in the 500 to 570 foot range. The people of Wichita act like something that is 500 or so feet tall is a mountain.
Will your project include an observation deck and/or restaurant on the top floor like what is proposed for the Legends Tower in Oklahoma City.
I have proposed a 1,908' tall building here in Chicago that will be 1' taller than this OKC proposal. It will have 160 floors, and all of them will be either observation decks or restaurants. Even numbered floors: observation deck. Odd numbers floors: restaurant.
At the very top, their will be a giant cantilevered halo-type structure that will serve as an observation deck so people can go out onto it and look back at the building to observe the other observations decks.
There's gonna be so much 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 observation going on.
OBSERVATION DECK!!!
Last edited by Steely Dan; Jan 30, 2024 at 7:33 PM.
I have proposed a 1,908' tall building here in Chicago that will be 1' taller than this OKC proposal. It will have 160 floors, and all of them will be either observation decks or restaurants. Even numbered floors: observation deck. Odd numbers floors: restaurant.
At the very top, their will be a giant cantilevered halo-type structure that will serve as an observation deck so people can go out onto it and look back at the building to observe the other observations decks.
There's gonna be so much 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 observation going on.
OBSERVATION DECK!!!
Queue in Peewee's Playhouse word of the day sounds.
I have proposed a 1,908' tall building here in Chicago that will be 1' taller than this OKC proposal. It will have 160 floors, and all of them will be either observation decks or restaurants. Even numbered floors: observation deck. Odd numbers floors: restaurant.
At the very top, their will be a giant cantilevered halo-type structure that will serve as an observation deck so people can go out onto it and look back at the building to observe the other observations decks.
There's gonna be so much 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 observation going on.
OBSERVATION DECK!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahoi
If I were a moderator here on SSP, I would give ArchGuy1 a warning for repeatedly and constantly saying "OBSERVATION DECK".
But since I'm just a simple member here, I can't.
I really don't think I've ever encountered somebody so into observation decks.
Will your project include an observation deck and/or restaurant on the top floor like what is proposed for the Legends Tower in Oklahoma City.
There would be a separate building at ground level where you can buy tickets and a gift shop/museum that would look similar to an airport terminal. Yes it would definitely have an observation deck well over 500 feet AGL. You would be taken by small planes that hold 5 to 10 people and are on a large cable that takes you to the top where the observation ares is. You would be able to see as your going up to the top. There would be a probable 360 view and an area where there is a glass floor and you can see more than 500 feet below. I am going to go before the city on the 13th of February and would love more opinions on what to do. I know 500 or so feet doesn't seem that high especially in comparison to the Legends Tower. However, I want my project to have a fighting chance and proposing something much taller than what I proposed would very unlikely be approved. I think somewhere around 550 feet is a good bet.
There would be a separate building at ground level where you can buy tickets and a gift shop/museum that would look similar to an airport terminal. Yes it would definitely have an observation deck well over 500 feet AGL. You would be taken by small planes that hold 5 to 10 people and are on a large cable that takes you to the top where the observation ares is. You would be able to see as your going up to the top. There would be a probable 360 view and an area where there is a glass floor and you can see more than 500 feet below. I am going to go before the city on the 13th of February and would love more opinions on what to do. I know 500 or so feet doesn't seem that high especially in comparison to the Legends Tower. However, I want my project to have a fighting chance and proposing something much taller than what I proposed would very unlikely be approved. I think somewhere around 550 feet is a good bet.
Would there be an actual skydeck on the top floor of the building you have planned. Also, what type of use will your project have besides an observation deck type attraction.
Would there be an actual skydeck on the top floor of the building you have planned. Also, what type of use will your project have besides an observation deck type attraction.
It will be a huge airplane at the top where the observation area will be. It will be an icon like the Gateway Arch or the Seattle Space Needle.it may have a bar or restaurant on top. It will be awesome for Wichita since it is the air capital of the world.
Would there be an actual skydeck on the top floor of the building you have planned. Also, what type of use will your project have besides an observation deck type attraction.
I talked about other things that would be part of the project.
People underestimate just how much money observation decks can make,
There isn't that much to see in OKC though I guess, it's not like looking over NYC or some other picturesque world city,
nor would it justify some random dude building a near megatall but still, just throwing that out there.
This would also top the CN Tower as the highest freestanding structure in the Western world.
Oklahoma City has a popular restaurant on top of the Devon Energy Center and a ferris wheel in the Wheeler District. Dallas has Reunion Tower, which is a popular attraction in a city with a landscape similar to Oklahoma City. Lincoln, Nebraska has an observation deck on top of the State Capitol and North Dakota has an observation deck on top of it's State Capitol in Bismarak. Therefore, an observation deck on top of the proposed Legends Tower would actually make sense.
Oklahoma City has a popular restaurant on top of the Devon Energy Center and a ferris wheel in the Wheeler District. Dallas has Reunion Tower, which is a popular attraction in a city with a landscape similar to Oklahoma City. Lincoln, Nebraska has an observation deck on top of the State Capitol and North Dakota has an observation deck on top of it's State Capitol in Bismarak. Therefore, an observation deck on top of the proposed Legends Tower would actually make sense.
There is no doubt this gigantic building will have an observation ares at the very least. I have been to Vast several times in the Devon Tower and it is very nice.
There is no doubt this gigantic building will have an observation ares at the very least. I have been to Vast several times in the Devon Tower and it is very nice.
Have you talked with the developer of the Legends Tower about the plans if the project is scaled down based on eg. market demand. I think in that case, if the building is still the tallest in the State and City of Oklahoma, there should still be an observation deck on the top floor since people were curious if one was planned for the Devon Energy Center.
Have you talked with the developer of the Legends Tower about the plans if the project is scaled down based on eg. market demand. I think in that case, if the building is still the tallest in the State and City of Oklahoma, there should still be an observation deck on the top floor since people were curious if one was planned for the Devon Energy Center.
No I haven't talked to him but I think a building of this magnitude will likely have an observation deck/area.