HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 7:54 PM
Badyouken's Avatar
Badyouken Badyouken is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWetal View Post
Certainly the furniture store, Fish Market and really all the food shops on that side are probably better off with parking. The city needs to take the inititive. There are lots of places you can pull in and buy cheese in town. That's of little value to tourists or even residents.
I don't know if they're better off with parking, honestly... The furniture store, maybe, but the food shops? That's the kind of stuff you see in (successful) pedestrian high streets all over Europe...

Anyway, I agree that the city needs to just take the initiative.

Every time I walk on York St. with out-of-towners I'm a little embarrassed at that open-air parking lot...
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.