AHHHHMAAAAZING pics, Gilly. This thing is going to be more massive than I think any of us are expecting. Damn I wish I still lived DT.
Would y'all say there's a s snowball's chance in hell they reconfigure some things and open a very small cocktail bar or something either on the mid-level break or crown?
Does anyone know the height of the floor they are working on?
About 155-160 feet. Believe it's the 14th (technically 13th floor) that has just been completed, which would indicate they've finished the hotel portion.
Location: Anchorage-Austin-Anchorage-Austin and so forth...
Posts: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbywest87
About 155-160 feet. Believe it's the 14th (technically 13th floor) that has just been completed, which would indicate they've finished the hotel portion.
Thank you I was curious about that too, but I meant the actual amenity floor height. Those columns are massive.
Believe that floor is 21', followed by another 20' floor. At least, that's what I gather from here. All the elevation drawings I have of this one are blurry imgur-—.
This building is going to make quite an impact on visitors as they first approach downtown from the airport, because of it's close proximity to the Interstate (assuming they're headed downtown, via airport, via I-35).
Btw, had the chance to make a quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWP7pMCFDw8
Thank You gillynova for your continued great posts.
I am just AMAZED that the rest of posters here are not gaga on this building! Days go by without a post. I am not in TX now temporary, and long for postings. Austin Texans must be FRIED by the heat of the summer to NOT care about the tallest tower in the state. Really, a MEGA tall in Austin is met with basic silence.
Look at all the posts for 6 X Guad. ALL the time. Not very positive posts either. But here at Waterline, the tallest, and well designed, almost silence. Why? The Parking Podium is well covered. The tower part is interesting. The crown is different. Yet almost no interest! 30+ years in Texas and I still do not understand where the attention to design and social/street interaction of a building does not get the attention of a Texan.
Rail at me for being an outsider all you want. But when will Austin and Texas open up to the greater World and not re-invent the wheel on all issues? Waterline deserves more respect than this community has given it.
Thank You gillynova for your continued great posts.
I am just AMAZED that the rest of posters here are not gaga on this building! Days go by without a post. I am not in TX now temporary, and long for postings. Austin Texans must be FRIED by the heat of the summer to NOT care about the tallest tower in the state. Really, a MEGA tall in Austin is met with basic silence.
Look at all the posts for 6 X Guad. ALL the time. Not very positive posts either. But here at Waterline, the tallest, and well designed, almost silence. Why? The Parking Podium is well covered. The tower part is interesting. The crown is different. Yet almost no interest! 30+ years in Texas and I still do not understand where the attention to design and social/street interaction of a building gets the attention of a Texan.
Rail at me for being an outsider all you want. But when will Austin and Texas open up to the greater world and not re-invent the wheel on all issues? Waterline deserves more respect than this community has given it.
I'm not sure why you think there's silence on this building from the forum. It will probably be one of the longest threads on here by the time it is finished being constructed. This is definitely the building I am most excited to see getting built, however, it is still mostly just a podium right now. Maybe that's why you don't see as much discussion over it.
If you are referring to the general public of Austin, most people don't care much about skyscrapers and seem to have a negative view of them. Something about skyscrapers stealing the old soul of Austin or other nonsense.
Thank You gillynova for your continued great posts.
I am just AMAZED that the rest of posters here are not gaga on this building! Days go by without a post. I am not in TX now temporary, and long for postings. Austin Texans must be FRIED by the heat of the summer to NOT care about the tallest tower in the state. Really, a MEGA tall in Austin is met with basic silence.
Look at all the posts for 6 X Guad. ALL the time. Not very positive posts either. But here at Waterline, the tallest, and well designed, almost silence. Why? The Parking Podium is well covered. The tower part is interesting. The crown is different. Yet almost no interest! 30+ years in Texas and I still do not understand where the attention to design and social/street interaction of a building gets the attention of a Texan.
Rail at me for being an outsider all you want. But when will Austin and Texas open up to the greater world and not re-invent the wheel on all issues? Waterline deserves more respect than this community has given it.
My Brother-in-Christ, we are absolutely gagged about this new building, but we have also been at ACL for two weekends in a row and we are tired.
Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver -> Austin
Posts: 5,846
Personally, I don't think the facade of this one will age very well. The aesthetic choice of white with a burnt orange border is more appropriate for a 10-15 story building in West Campus...
I won't complain about the design much, unless it ends up with 20 story stains.