Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613
When the A321xlr starts deliveries would be my guess
|
Yeah. I expect YOW to LHR, FRA or MUC, CDG and maybe even BRU out of the gate with the 321XLR. It's the perfect sized aircraft for the YOW market. And if AC wanted to push AF out, all they have to do is fragment some of AF's YOW demand across multiple major destinations and Star Hubs (for connections). I really wish AF had gotten onboard with the XLR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofYOW
That might be 2026. Hopefully before that with another carrier so AC can eat it. There’s already signs their revenue from YOW is dropping.
|
Revenue is dropping because their services from here are poor. More 220s and XLRs in the stable will let them address markets like YOW much better. If somebody wants to go London, would they really pass up an AC direct on an XLR, choosing to connect at CDG instead? I doubt it.
Like it or not, the XLR was literally designed for YOW-Europe kind of routes. AC buying them provides them a real advantage against airlines that don't field them.