Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343
All in all though, Philadelphia is a fantastic city. It has its problems like everywhere else. You’re never going to solve all the problems of a city. We address crime (particularly 🞵🞵🞵 crime) and clean up all the damn litter? I guarantee you that will go a LONG way towards improving perceptions of Philadelphia.
|
The biggest problem is the lack of leadership and acceptance of the status quo. Littler and crime can be dealt with by active involvement. The city has the resources but lacks direction because our mayor decided to opt-out, that makes me sad. If we hired an army of people to pick up litter at least a couple of days a week, it would make a huge difference. Put a regular NY-style trash can on every corner. Have cops patrol hot spots more often, not just sit in their cars. There is a lot of apathy in the city government right now because people feel nothing can be done.
But I am glad to read positive thoughts about Philly on this forum, I mostly hear or read how bad the city is.