HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2023, 6:21 PM
stefanYEG stefanYEG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 309
Was all over DT this morning and was happy to see how busy it was. The MacEwan/Norquest block party on 108 st. is going on, Rice Howard Way was full of people out and about while the patios prepared for the lunch crowd and Jasper at 100 st. was full of kids from Centre High getting out for their lunch break. Lots of people out at local coffee shops, the bus stops were all busy, 104 and 109 is just crazy busy with pedestrian activity from MacEwan, workers from the various construction sites (Parks, Edward, Mercury Block, Station Lands) grabbing coffees and sitting on benches. I see all this and have a hard time believing that a retailer like Uniqlo, H & M or Simons wouldn't be successful taking a chance on a beautiful, street-fronted downtown store. I imagine students from the schools would love an affordable place to stop in and shop before/after classes. I'm sure downtown workers would be thrilled to have a place to be able to pick up a quick outfit change when they spill their coffee or have an unexpected meeting or invite to an Oilers game. I just don't buy that there aren't enough people to support retail, they just need somewhere worthy to go.

Or maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:17 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.