“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
I think if the general public knew about this thing it could have been stopped or at least shortened even further. Still in years to come the site could be bought by someone who doesn't like ruining iconic views.
At least the height was reduced to minimize the skyline stain so close to the ESB.
Quote:
The project's developer is Five Points Development, led by Boris Kuzinez, an Israeli-Russian billionaire credited for the transformation of Moscow's Ostozhenka district into their version of Billionaires' Row. The 860-foot-tall structure will yield 26 condominium units averaging 3,200 square feet apiece
I think if the general public knew about this thing it could have been stopped or at least shortened even further. Still in years to come the site could be bought by someone who doesn't like ruining iconic views.
It wouldn't have. Because like any other skyscraper going up, there was the potential to block a view of the ESB - from a PARTICULAR location.
Now, I took photos of this building as it was aligned with the Empire State. But the reality is that I could go to the right, and it wouldn't block the view at at all.
But I understand the "new building blocks a particular view" narrative. Unfortunately for some, you are not guaranteed a perpetual view of the ESB from every corner of New York City. And I will add this, if you're going to this particular spot to view the ESB, you're doing it all wrong.
SEPTEMBER 3, 2023
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16..
17.
18.
19.
__________________ NEW YORK is Back!
“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
Well if more and more buildings like this surround it I sense that along the road the very top half of ESB will be rebuilt, which was considered in the 60's due to competition from the Twin Towers. So as crazy as it sounds it could happen and I hope it does in a way, sure it won't be the cities tallest but it will stand out once more again.
I'm not usually the type to complain about this, but dang does that ruin the view.
Nope, I love it. Finally the ESB isn't sitting alone.
Years ago I dated someone at NYU Law. Her dorm windows faced north, with direct view of ESB. To me, it was depressing, knowing that all the neighborhood development stopped in the Great Depression, and the area had a faded feel until the late 90's or so. ESB deserves neighbors. Finally it has "friends" in all directions. Midtown is recentering further south and west, which is fantastic. I hope another dozen or so slivers go up in the coming decades.
^ There will be more towers popping up, blocking more views from various vantage points, especially with the city's upcoming zoning for west Midtown. I'm surprised no one here has cried about the loss of the Flatiron view from the ESB.
“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
The Empire State Building views should be protected. It's the most famous skyscraper in the world. It's the jewel in the skyline. Along with the Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue Of Liberty it is one of the three main icons of the city.
Sure they will always be taller sexier buildings. But as many vantage points to view this masterpiece should be saved as much as possible.
It’s fair to say IMO that the shortened height was a cause of sighs of relief.
No freaking way. I'm pissed this no longer appears to be a supertall. The ESB neighborhood needs more verticality. This tower will help, but a taller sliver would be even better.