Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastal
You might not classify them as few... but they are definitely far between! There are large chunks of the city where you'd have to take a bus to get tickets... which, uh... I think is... not good.
As others have posted, one of those 47 locations ought to be the airport... terminals should be some of those 47 as well... I'd also suggest we add the Rail Station and Terminal for the interprovincial bus to those critical locations - people arriving without a personal vehicle are just left to fend for themselves. It might seem like small stuff to those of us who live here (and there are some ticket locations a few BLOCKS from the train station/bus terminal), but when I travel, this seems pretty basic to me and is a big part of how I get around a city, whether I'm travelling for business or for pleasure. Only once I can remember did I rent a car when travelling - I was going to Iceland and wanted something to use to see outside of Reykjavik.
|
Not so much that it's a "small" problem, but it's also not huge. Compared to potential issues which would affect everyone on a regular basis (poor frequency, bad route design, unruly riders, lack of cleanliness, frequent delays, poor service levels, etc,) it doesn't usually affect the vast majority of uses which are locals who use it on a daily basis. It specifically affects those who are unfamiliar with the system, don't carry even small amounts of cash, and haven't been here long enough to learn their options.
It's like saying a shortage of hotel rooms or high hotel room prices is a problem for a city because of how it affects visitors but less of a problem than general housing costs or shortages which would effect everyone. Both can be true.