HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburban Ottawa


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted May 2, 2023, 6:51 PM
roger1818's Avatar
roger1818 roger1818 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Stittsville, ON
Posts: 6,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
In addition, it has five roundabouts and a third of the people in the neighborhood have no idea how to use them and come to a complete stop at each one when the circle is empty, causing frequent fender benders and slowing traffic to a crawl, which got me to the point of anger where it was affecting my mental health.
Why is it that Gatineau drivers have so many issues with roundabouts? One of my colleagues lives in Almer and he despises them for that reason, yet from my experience most people here in Ottawa seem to have figured them out. Almost no one uses their turn signals properly in them, but they seem to understand the concept of how to merge in.

I find far more people don't know how to properly navigate all-way stops than roundabouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
As for the headlights....it's an epidemic at this point, on both sides of the river. I'm not sure where all of these cars lacking daytime running lights came from in the last five years, but they are everywhere now. I see completely oblivious idiots driving around in all weather and lighting conditions with no lights these days. Yesterday morning at 6am in 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 rain and near darkness I saw many of them through Gatineau and Ottawa on my commute.
I don't know about the daytime running lights, but I think part of the problem is dashboards that are illuminated during the daytime. If your dashboard is dark, it is easy to notice that your headlights aren't on at night, but if it is illuminated, the only way to notice is the lack of the headlight lamp on the dashboard. I would like to see the following two regulations for new cars:
  • Cars with daytime illuminated dashboards must have automatic headlights.
  • Headlights turn on when your wipers are on.
That might not cover all situations (like fog), but it should cover most.
__________________
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.