Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer_spe
Pretend the words:
tram
LRT
Metro
Subway
Streetcar
Does not exist. Now, explain how these cars, running as they were designed to do, on ROW that was designed with these cars in mind are having problems.
|
I find it is weird they have door open buttons. In Vancouver Skytrain originally had those. They have been disabled on the older cars and omitted on new trains. All doors open at all stations and then close when its time to leave.
When skytrain was first installed the doors would get stuck due to snow getting between the door and side of the car. (Odd for cars originally designed for and manufactured in Ontario.) First year the staff at each station were there with spray bottles and antifreeze. At some point they figured it out. No one remembers anymore. I suspect the same thing for Ottawa. In two years no one will remember any of these issues.
What I find shocking is why in the world did they build a modern system that requires drivers. What is the point of that. Vancouver skytrain demonstrated in the 1980s that you build a large scale system with automation. For all I know skytrain may still using the same old OS/2 computer to run the system. However there should be more modern alternatives.