HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2021, 5:47 PM
Airboy Airboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton/St Albert
Posts: 9,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
I get that. I had the pedals first (came with the gravel bike) and I admit that even after buying the road shoes I figured "hmmm... now I have options... I can just jump on in regular sneakers for short, informal rides") but I'm coming around to double-sided... though I'm practicing no-look flip-forward maneuvers and am slowly getting it. I'm kinda wondering why hard-bottom road shoes have to be so slick... why not have "grippy" material in the arch groove just in case? And that heel pad has less surface area than the hooves of a fawn. I think it's just a matter of continually using them until I get used to them.
Mountain Shoes are better for the gravel bike and commuting rides. but it gets easier. it gets to the point where you don't think about it.

Only flat pedals I use are on my Fat Bike and that's only until I can put some money down on $500 boots. You might find that Crank Bros pedals are easier to use.

Got out this morning at about 6am and did a gravel ride before heading to the office. warm and sunny. but we need rain. the roads are getting powdery and slow.
__________________
Why complain about the weather? Its always going to be here. You on the other hand will not.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:30 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.